Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/9/2001 6:11:36 AM EDT
a friend of mine is looking to buy a rifle. he's thinking of getting a Mini, i'm trying to convince him to buy an AR. I'm trying to find him an AR at a good price. who's got the best deal on new AR's? looked at the Bushmaster site, am going to call. anyone else got any ideas? thanks, colt
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 6:13:05 AM EDT
Ask him if he wants mags for it, Mini's are pricey! c-rock
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 7:45:43 AM EDT
Can't help much on the price issue but thought I'd help out on the convincing. If he buys a Mini he's stuck with a basic rifle. He might be able to add a scope or something but he's limited to what he can do with the rifle. If he buys an AR-15 he has many future options that can be built off that one lower receiver. He can buy a short handy carbine today then if he later decides he needs a 20" rifle its a simple matter of buying a new upper. In fact his options are limitless: He can buy upper barrel lengths ranging from 16"-24". He can get carry handle uppers that include iron sights or flat top uppers to mount optics. He can get many different calibers: 223, 7.62X39, 45ACP,40S&W, 9mm, 9X23, 10mm, and I'm sure I'm forgetting one or two. I think there are .50BMG uppers available. If he decides he wants to try Highpower rifle competition he can use his AR-15 and very competitive. There are 10X's as many vendors selling aftermarket parts for the AR-15 than for the Mini. As c-rock stated the price for quality magazines are very far apart. Used factory mags for the mini sell for over $100 each. You can easily buy 3-4 AR-15 mags for that price. If all that doesn't convince him tell him that Bill Ruger shares a large bit of the blame for some of the anti gun laws, why would he want to support gun control?
Top Top