Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2001 6:23:16 PM EDT
I read in Fla Today that some people received brown manilla type envelopes in the mail that contained some white powder. Those people are now sick! As usual I left the paper at work. Anyone else see this? I would love for GovtThug to jump in right now and tell me to go to Snopes, but I really did see it in print.
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 6:29:22 PM EDT
[#1]
yea it's been all over the news..you get to see the guys in the space suits. but they say they found no toxins in them(yea right) and the families are both in the hospital. they only live 6 blocks away. one of them just threw the envelope away but was complaining that his arm burned after he did. will be interesting to see what it was.
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 6:29:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Sorry, tc, didn't see it on snopes. I just saw on Fox News Channel that they think the guys at The Sun in FL got infected from a letter in the mailroom.
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 6:42:00 PM EDT
[#3]
HIALEAH - Eight people from two homes were hospitalized Sunday after they received manila envelopes containing a mysterious white powder, rescue officials said.

http://www.floridatoday.com/news/local/stories/2001/oct/loc100801k.htm
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 6:48:18 PM EDT
[#4]
They were snorting it with straws weren't they?

[img]http://www.artifex.ws/images/icon_gas.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 7:30:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Sorry, tc, didn't see it on snopes. I just saw on Fox News Channel that they think the guys at The Sun in FL got infected from a letter in the mailroom.
View Quote

Thanks anyway Bubba! Stay on the job,You da man!
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 7:42:06 PM EDT
[#6]
What ever you do, if you get one of these envelopes do not open them!!  I read on [url]www.nobullshit.com[/url] that the powder is actually small robitic particles.  These robot paticles contain highly infectious computer viruses that can reproduce and "jump" from person to person!!

Be afraid!!!  Be very, very, very afraid!!!

Link Posted: 10/8/2001 8:07:54 PM EDT
[#7]
damn it we need a tinfoil hat smilie! [whacko]
oh well
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top