Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/8/2001 3:45:38 AM EDT
Sunday morning, before our response in Afghanistan, I was in the local gun shop requesting a quote on a Bushie M4gery.  The guy behind the counter claimed it may be tough to get a hold of one because alot of AR production has been shifted from civilian to military.  Is there any truth to this?  I didn't think Bushmaster had a contract other than maybe parts.  Just curious.
Thanks...Tim  
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 3:55:40 AM EDT
[#1]
I think that your dealer is BSing you. Bushmaster, at one time, had a small US military contract and made M4 carbines. They do produce rifles for export, however. Call or e-mail Busmaster yourself (just ask about availability), their customer service is top notch!

Good luck with your purchase!
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 6:22:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Right now Bushmaster has decided not to export anything firearm related out of the States.

But I think this has more to do with airfreight and heightened security measures than it has to do with wartime production.

Kuiper

Link Posted: 10/8/2001 6:27:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Given the incredible, shrinking military under the klinton administration, I would think that the US Military has warehouses full of extra guns.
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 8:48:02 AM EDT
[#4]
They do.  Lots of M16A1s.  They're perfectly good with a new barrel that'll handle the 62 gr ammo, of if the old M93 is available.
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 7:22:42 PM EDT
[#5]
I heard Bushmaster is now 3 months behind because of extra-ordinary civvie consumption.
Everybody waiting to get a new upper, now decides to do it all at once.
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 7:41:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Personally, I think he's BSing you.  The military contract for the M4/M16/AR15 series is currently with Fabrique Nationale.
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 7:45:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Sorry... I made a mistake.  The military M4s are still being produced by Colt.  However, it's the M16/Ar15 contract that was awarded to FN.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top