Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/8/2001 1:15:32 AM EDT
Just had this sent to me[bounce] [img]wsphotofews.excite.com/029/qv/c5/Ht/MJ36836.jpg[/img][50] [img]wsphotofews.excite.com/028/Xw/Dn/rP/MT15249.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 2:41:54 AM EDT
Now is it Just me or are some "people" just to silly to identify thier own countries military hardware ??? For those of you that don't get it Hint: Those are US Coast Guard Marking's on the Dingy and US Air Force Marking's on the Plane. here is a real Picture of a Canadian Warship; [b]HMCS Algonquin DDH283[/b] [img]http://www.fortunecity.com/marina/havana/88/283phota.gif[/img] When I worked at the Dockyard I spent 6 Months Refitting this Ship, had a lot of fun and learned every bulkhead and frame on her.
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 5:03:13 AM EDT
Thanks, Kens, I'll be cleaning coffee of the monitor now. For the record, the plane in the bottom is an F-16. Canada doesn't fly F-16s. ^_^
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 8:01:53 AM EDT
I know, but I just had to post them for some comic relief KenS
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 8:09:33 AM EDT
westicle, i had a chance some years ago while on active duty to work with the Canadian Navy. always wondered but never bothered to ask why the ships were sorta minty green in color?? now im asking.....why is that?
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 8:12:16 AM EDT
Originally Posted By redray: westicle, i had a chance some years ago while on active duty to work with the Canadian Navy. always wondered but never bothered to ask why the ships were sorta minty green in color?? now im asking.....why is that?
View Quote
Super deal on that color from Sherwin and Williams? KenS
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 10:19:08 AM EDT
It was announced on FOX News that Canada was sending aircraft, ships and ground forces to the Afganistan area. John
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 9:46:11 PM EDT
Not To sure they use that Colour but if you go back even the WW2 ships use the same colour. Maybe to help Identification or some such.... no matter what flat military colour you paint them I don't think you can hide aship that easy. This ship is about our Biggest Punch Sadly, she is armed with; 1 - 76mm OTO Malera dual purpose (200 rnds a Minute) 2 - PHALANX 20mm Close in weapons system 8 - .50 calibre machine guns 29 - Standard Missles in VLS config. 2 - Triple Barreled Mk 46 Torpedo Launchers And her main Defense is the 2 Sea King helicopters she deploys with. Canada's Navy has been Built more as a Coastal Patrol and Counter Insurgency Forse, deep water Oversea Deployments are not the mainstay of our navy no matter how much we want.
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 10:41:47 PM EDT
Thank God, now Bin Laden is REALLY in trouble. BTW, I trained with Canadian Special forces, in '89 They seemed to be good chaps, and hardcore fighters. First thing they set up in the field was the Bar. Gotta love that.
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 10:55:39 PM EDT
CANADIANS??? RUUUUUUNNN AWAY!!! God, I'd hate to be Afghani now. Canadians invade... Instead of the call to prayer....It'll be KoooLooKoo Koo Koo Koo Koo Koo (It's a Bob and Doug MacKenzie reference! Get it?) No more turbans! It's hockey helmets for everyone. Public executions? No more. Now its lumberjack competitions in the town square! Allah Akbar!? Noooo. Take Off You Hosers! As per Holy decree, every sixth word out of an Afghani's mouth has to be "Eh?" Radio Kabul. All Bryan Adams! All Day! All Night! Wecome to hell! Sherm
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 9:48:45 AM EDT
Guys, calm down... The U.S. asked for Canada's help... We need someone to watch all the French who are surrendering.
Top Top