Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/7/2001 6:13:34 PM EDT
I would have posted this in the .22 upper forums, but i thought i would get more info here. I am very interested in getting one of those Ciener .22 conversion kits for my AR and was wondering what luck everyone has had with them. My primary purpose for this is so i can cheap out and be lazy (i load, but don't have enough time) while practicing with my rifle. I have had optics on my AR, but i want to get better with the iron sights. Also, has anyone tried the aguilera .22 sub sonic sniper ammo in their AR. the're 60grn, so wouldn't they be perfect in the 1/9 twist?

Thanks a bunch,
ARben
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 6:17:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Forgot to mention, my AR is a bushmaster 20in with A1 sights.
Thanks
ARben
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 6:21:12 PM EDT
[#2]
The Ciener kit works without any problem.  I have not tried using the Aguila in an AR yet.  It will not cycle the bolt.  But the report is quiet.
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 6:24:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks! I wasn't sure if the .22sss would cycle, but it might be wortha try considering the casing is shorter than the standard .22 case. One more thing, what kind of accuracy do you get?
Thanks again,
ARben
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 6:26:30 PM EDT
[#4]
My Ciener works great with the 10 round mag. I got a 30rounder and it sucks, sent it back last week. I heard he had a bad batch of 30's.
Years ago I had a Colt factory .22LR kit and a friend has the USAF kit, they work fine too,but mags are hard to find.
My Platinium 1911 Ciener works great too.
[img]http://wsphotofews.excite.com/024/sy/YF/7a/MZ12677.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 6:34:59 PM EDT
[#5]
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Great pic!
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 6:39:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Great looking 1911. What make is it? How hard was the conversion? Cost?
Thanks
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 6:45:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Man, I'm all for buying as many guns as possible, but I'm really starting to like the idea of converting some of my other guns for cheap practice (and not having to look for my brass)!
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 8:03:17 PM EDT
[#8]
The SSS definetlly will cycle a Ceiner kit.  Recoil is more noticable over a standard .22LR too.  

I got interesting groups with them at 100 yards.  Groups were little over 1" wide and 5" tall.  

The only problem is that the short cases hang up between the bolt and boltface.  I will tinker around with the Ceiner kit rails once I finish a 1/12 .22 LR barrel and put it in an upper to try and solve this.
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 7:27:57 AM EDT
[#9]
I don't think Aguila sells 'em for AR's, but their web site shows they sell 10/22 and 77/22 barrels made especially for the .22sss. I think it's a 1/9.5. Thanks for reply!
ARben
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top