Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/7/2001 11:37:17 AM EDT
What are the chances of one starting in the next year? Alot of farmers I know are getting worried. Is there any way to avoid a depression? I know if everyone gets scared and holds onto their money it will be a self fufilled prophesy but is there any way to avoid one?
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 11:40:21 AM EDT
Recession, maybe. Depression.. NO WAY! American's are too Lazy to go thru a depression. If the economy got bad enough we could just sell arms to nations like afghanistan.
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 11:56:40 AM EDT
Let's see where the next attack hits here in the states, if the take down our power grid I would say a major depression. And if you think that is not possible, just a few short years ago the government told us here in the west that a tree fell on a power line in kali. and knocked out power for two days. [whacko]
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 12:21:22 PM EDT
We've been in a recession for almost a year IMO. Don't think a depression will happen, though. The american economy is still fundamentally strong. The government(fed reserve bank) really stomped on it though in order to keep most all of us in good little worker ant order. My opinion as well. As for terrorists, the harder they hit us the more determined we will become and the more effort we will put into burying them under their own sand. Such an effort would be a boon to the entire free world economy.
Top Top