Go get 'em!!  
View Quote

Oh , I forgot to mention our allies!

Yeehaw!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 12:22:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I like the S.O.D.'s response to the reporters..."I am disinclined to comment on actions that are on-going." when a reporter asked if any troops were on the ground. THese anti-everything except "free speech" reporters are killing me with their questions!

They must not realize the eneny watches CNN too!!

I am all for government disclosure AFTER the fact of a mission. I don't want the reporters filming troops landing at a beach where the enemy can know what's going on.
View Quote

Come on, No_Expert, don't you know these leeches need to maintain their "impartiality?" These are the same ones who would watch US troops get ambushed without saying a word if they had advance warning of it. I mean, if they said something, there wouldn't be an ambush to cover and look dramatic in that safari jacket, would there?

What happened to the days of Ernie Pyle? This guy was a reporter who covered the wars, but he was an American first, and fiercely proud of it.

[b]Payback Is A Bitch[/b]
Semper Fidelis
Jarhead out.
[img]http://store2.yimg.com/I/pinupgirlclothing_1655_6723963[/img]
View Quote

Well, I admit..I am "No_Expert", but when I was recalled for Desert Shield, and was watching TV at Camp LeJeune as it turned to Desert Storm, I was furious seeing reporters doing their job "LIVE" as we had troops doing deployments.
I want to see us take down Bin Laden, I want to see the Taliban rounded up and tied together using pig entrails, I want to see it all.... right after they've done it.  

Semper Fi Jarhead.

"No_Expert"
Cpl/USMC 86-90 + D.S.
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 12:24:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I feel a little better now.  However,I will feel much better when the Taliban,Ben-L and all his followers both present and future have been vaporized. Guess this is just the start.  Hope our pilots were yelling "Remember the Ala...er WTC" as they cut lose the munitions.

Guz  
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 12:27:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Wouldn't I love to be a fly on the wall wherever U B Laden is now.

Come to think of it, I wouldn't mind being a civilian volunteer with our troops too.

Let's go get'em!
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 12:28:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 12:29:20 PM EDT
[#7]
I seen where the B-2 left from Missouri thismorning to bomb.  [sniper]
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 12:33:19 PM EDT
[#8]
I am doing all I can here.  Just got off my knees praying with my wife.  God bless the tip of the sword and all our leaders.  Amen.  Planerench out.
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 12:37:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Paybacks are a bitch........

[heavy]       [marines]
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 12:44:44 PM EDT
[#10]
About doggone time.
Godspeed to those flying the sorties.

Link Posted: 10/7/2001 12:47:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Man, I figured they'd attack in another few months, but I guess with Ramadan coming up, they wanted to attack before it...
All of us please say a prayer for the brave men and women who are on the front lines over there, that they may have the strength and saftey to carry out this mission.
God Bless America! Stand tall and Stand proud!
-Andrea
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 12:50:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Well, this all happened while I was working the Baltimore Ravens/Tennessee Titans Game today. We played Pres. Bush's speech (previously recorded), during halftime.

THE WHOLE CROWD STOOD AND CHEERED AT LEAST 3 TIMES.....

A CHILLING MOMENT....

"Lets ROLL!!!!"

Semper Fi
God Bless Our Warriors
Bulldog OUT
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 12:50:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Let towels burn and heads roll!  U.S. troops kick ass!  Our thoughts are with them.

AR_SHORTY
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 12:56:52 PM EDT
[#14]
B-1 is my Favorite piece of Air Force Equipment. I pray for all of the Men and Women over there and for thier safe return.
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 1:05:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Just got off my knees praying with my wife. God bless the tip of the sword and all our leaders. Amen. Planerench out.
View Quote

Quoted:
All of us please say a prayer for the brave men and women who are on the front lines over there, that they may have the strength and saftey to carry out this mission.
God Bless America! Stand tall and Stand proud!
-Andrea
View Quote

Done!

The notion that anyone who would murder 5000+ noncombatants could have God on their side is patently ridiculous on the face of it. I think the term "Jihad" is about to be radically redefined for these people.

God bless all who bring the fight to our enemy!

[b]Lord, make me an instrument of your wrath. Give me the strength to crush the insolent bastards that make war on my country. Allow me to grind the bones of my enemy and drive his line to extinction. All this I ask without remorse. Amen.[/b]

--SgtMaj Rick Lamb
US Army Special Forces, at a Ft. Bragg church service following the 9/11 attacks
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 1:16:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Well, I admit..I am "No_Expert", but when I was recalled for Desert Shield, and was watching TV at Camp LeJeune as it turned to Desert Storm, I was furious seeing reporters doing their job "LIVE" as we had troops doing deployments.
I want to see us take down Bin Laden, I want to see the Taliban rounded up and tied together using pig entrails, I want to see it all.... right after they've done it.  

Semper Fi Jarhead.

"No_Expert"
Cpl/USMC 86-90 + D.S.
View Quote

I was watching TV in the barracks at 29 Palms when Desert Shield turned to Desert Storm, and I know what you mean. I can only hope that the press is being used for the disinformation of our enemies while they attempt to put US servicemen in harm's way for the sake of their ratings.

In contrast to the way you've said it, I think many people want to see it live, and don't believe that it happened if they don't see Peter Arnett (CNN's Iraqi Minister of Propaganda) standing there in a bomb crater while the battle rages.

Like you, I'll be happy to see Osama's head, with a strip of fresh Oscar Meyer bacon hanging out of his mouth, on a stake in front of the US ground forces commander's tent...once it's all over.

Until then, "Loose lips sink ships."

Semper Fidelis
Jarhead out.
Sgt USMC/90-96
[img]http://www.inetnow.net/~kudzukid/enlemblem.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 1:40:19 PM EDT
[#17]
I love it, I love it...........May the Lord watch over those that seek justice.
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 2:12:45 PM EDT
[#18]
There was a UAV circling over Kabul yesterday, and the Taliban spent a couple hours trying to shoot it down, thereby thoughtfully revealing the location of their anti-aircraft defenses. Most of which probably got a JDAM that night. Idjits.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them spend a week or two on SEAD. There's probably a ton of light AAA around.
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 2:34:35 PM EDT
[#19]
[img]http://www.finalfront.com/hosting/users/geepgeep/flagUSA.gif[/img]

We will prevail. Heads are rolling and the men and women of these United States of America are the strongest in the world!

...and this is just the begining!

(edited for pic)
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 2:36:45 PM EDT
[#20]
go USA!!!!!!!!!!!
go USA!!!!!!!!!!!
go USA!!!!!!!!!!!

hey bin laden, heres to ya.

[-!-!-]
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 2:59:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Aaawwwww, no EMMY awards tonight.  The sheep are too scared.

Link Posted: 10/7/2001 3:39:24 PM EDT
[#22]
The one thing that would make this sweeter is if Jesse Jackson had gone and there was some "collateral damage".  

I wish our US soldiers well, along with our British and Australian allies.
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 3:57:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Yea...the Hollywood warriors are all hunkered down in their mansions sweating this out behind their bodyguards.  They must be terrified.  Then there's the, "I just can't celebrate when our vicious military is bombing innocent people!" crowd.
Boy am I gonna miss that Emmys show...(NOT!)
Hee...hee...hee
[puke]Hey Hollywood...here's too ya!
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 4:03:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 4:09:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
"When you wipe the dirt off your face and realize that instead of dirt it is the blood and guts of what once was your best friend beside you, you'll know what to do!"
-George S. Patton

I think we know.
View Quote

Something along those lines...

" The object of war is not to die for your country but, to make the other bastard die for his."
-George S. Patton

GO USA
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 4:24:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I was watching TV in the barracks at 29 Palms when Desert Shield turned to Desert Storm, and I know what you mean. I can only hope that the press is being used for the disinformation of our enemies while they attempt to put US servicemen in harm's way for the sake of their ratings.

In contrast to the way you've said it, I think many people want to see it live, and don't believe that it happened if they don't see Peter Arnett (CNN's Iraqi Minister of Propaganda) standing there in a bomb crater while the battle rages.

Like you, I'll be happy to see Osama's head, with a strip of fresh Oscar Meyer bacon hanging out of his mouth, on a stake in front of the US ground forces commander's tent...once it's all over.

Until then, "Loose lips sink ships."

Semper Fidelis
Jarhead out.
Sgt USMC/90-96
[img]http://www.inetnow.net/~kudzukid/enlemblem.gif[/img]
View Quote

Aahh, 29 Stumps....I kinda liked that place... spent a year there going through MCCES.
I agree with you, and hope some information is disinformation...but I doubt it'd be used sufficiently. The "press" would be irate if they found out they were duped afterwards.

The problem with the MTV generation (which I am supposed to be part of), is the instant gratification required. My gratification is the powers say "we are doing something", then after they did it, show me the "this is what we did".
Hell, I'm not against combat photogs or video cameramen going on a mission WITH the troops, they now the risk, and cover their own ass... then broadcast the mission AFTER THE FACT.

We think alike....and that's a good thing!  [:D]
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 4:32:13 PM EDT
[#27]
 Wonder what that little bastard with the AK is doin' now?
coyote3
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 4:33:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Did anybody else notice bin Laden was wearing a Timex watch and wearing american camo? I'll bet that microphone he was using was not made in afghanistan either. [0j]Subvertz
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 5:21:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Aahh, 29 Stumps....I kinda liked that place... spent a year there going through MCCES.
I agree with you, and hope some information is disinformation...but I doubt it'd be used sufficiently. The "press" would be irate if they found out they were duped afterwards.

The problem with the MTV generation (which I am supposed to be part of), is the instant gratification required. My gratification is the powers say "we are doing something", then after they did it, show me the "this is what we did".
Hell, I'm not against combat photogs or video cameramen going on a mission WITH the troops, they now the risk, and cover their own ass... then broadcast the mission AFTER THE FACT.

We think alike....and that's a good thing!  [:D]
View Quote

I was there a year for MCCES too! I was a 2811/2813.

I know what you mean about war correspondents, guys who actually go in with the troops. The only problem is, I don't think today's journalists have the sack for it. I mean, you can't get a good cafe latte at the chow hall, can you?

Semper Fidelis
Jarhead out.
[img]http://semperfiheart1.homestead.com/files/sfbanner.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 5:54:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Good post, Tuukka.

"What are B. L.'s chances of seeing Christmas?"

I wonder if napalm and CBU's will wipe that "high" expression off his face.

------
got tripple-A?
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 5:57:07 PM EDT
[#31]
God bless, and keep, the men and women of our armed forces.

GO USA
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 7:29:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Good post, Tuukka.

"What are B. L.'s chances of seeing Christmas?"

I wonder if napalm and CBU's will wipe that "high" expression off his face.

------
got tripple-A?
View Quote

The Air Force doesn't have Napalm capability anymore.  Not sure about the other services though.
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 8:25:36 PM EDT
[#33]
hey taliban, suck on my prick
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 8:43:11 PM EDT
[#34]
POST EARLIER ABOUT ZSU-23 SHILKA's .  That is perhaps the most deadly tripple A that Russia ever produced.  And I saw a parade on the news with the ZSU's fully operating.  Those things can put a hell of a lot of lead in the air.

Benjamin
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 8:50:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Did anyone catch osamas speach.  Did you catch yourself trying to see which way the sun was shinning? Did you try to figure out which way he was facing?  Did you find yourself wondering, if the Area of land photographed (roughly 30 feet or so, could be mapped off the TV and matched to the correct land via computers and Satellites.  

Benjamin
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 5:00:46 AM EDT
[#36]
Ben is right...the ZSU-23 Shilka was and is a deadly weapon against low flying aircraft.  The Soviets originally designed the weapon system to move with the advancing tank armies.  It is automatic, accurate and delivers a fearsome firepower from its four 23mm machine cannons.  It killed a lot of Israeli planes in the 1973 Yom Kippu War when the Arabs used the ZSUs in concert with mobile AA missile batteries and larger AAA guns that forced the Israeli pilots to fly below the minimum altitudes of these other weapons.
Having said that, the Shilka no longer poses the threat to our planes it once did.  It is an easy target from medium altitude with laser guided bombs (LGBs) and cluster bombs.
With the advent of these smart weapons, this beast no longer poses much of a threat, since the attacking aircraft can stay safely above the AAA guns of most calibers.
[soapbox]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top