Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/6/2001 8:20:53 PM EDT
I would just like to thank everyone involved in the first Iowa shoot. we had a great time and good turn out for the first whack at this. I would especially like to thank IA Jack for arranging for a place to do this. Part of the fun of any hobby or interest is being able to share it, and it was great to finally meet a great group of people with common ground. Just goes to show you no matter what they say guns can be used for good as well as evil! :)

-Chopperdave
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 7:30:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 7:43:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Damn I wish I could of attended but work every Sat. Needed more advance timeing was off that Sun but oh well. Very Glad to hear this went over well. Hope to make it next year. Please lets keep this going we need a get together every year. Thanks to all that made this possible. [sniper]
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 4:15:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes Thanks to everyone in attendance, and especially chopperdave for setting us up with some great prizes and such.

We will have to do it again, like a spring and fall shoot as suggested. If you missed it this time beacuse of the short notice or other plans stay tuned and we will give plenty notice next time around.

Thanks to everyone also for letting me try all their kewl toys. That is the great thing about these, you get to see and try all different kinds of fun stuff. Booger hooker really had a great "gun show" sized table full of neat stuff and was very generous about letting anyone try em, again as was everyone, I must have seem 10 different new things to add to my list.

As far as "smoking" him in the pistol final, well more like an fizzle? It was a pretty un-nerving thing to be up against, between the laughter and trying to reload thinking he would win before I could, it was a hoot. If you ever get shot at pray it is at distance of 25+ yds by someone using a MAC 11 - I still think I scared a few down with the dirt, but I was laughing to hard!!!

Also, the generous donations by everyone easily covered the range fee, and everyone was great and helped me "police" brass, so the club was pleased and welcomed us back anytime. So everyone stay in touch and lets make it an all day event and even larger next time and double the fun, I'll even bring the BBQ

Thanks again ALL

IAJack
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 5:47:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks IA Jack for getting this thing going. I had a great time and can't wait until spring! Sorry I had to leave early as my day was full. I finally got to put "names" with faces [:D] Milldude

PS- booger hooker [b]NO[/b] M11/9's next year [B)]  [uzi] hehehe
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 6:18:27 PM EDT
[#5]
the short notice got me, maybe next time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top