Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2001 7:34:07 PM EDT
So I'm thinking about getting an Uzi or clone. Are the Chinese Norinco Uzis any good? Do they use the same parts (interchangeable)?
Link Posted: 10/6/2001 8:07:11 PM EDT
i dont know, all i know is the "sporter" stock is ultra gay
Link Posted: 10/6/2001 8:52:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/6/2001 8:50:58 PM EDT by Ulysse_Nardin_1846]
I've shot one of those chi-com POS before. They used to sell for about $350- $600. The stock is ultra gay (thanks mattsd) and is of the same Orange-Wood tree that grows in China. MAK90 wood comes to mind. Come to think about it, that stock really does suck. Too big/fat for normal hands. The bolt appeared to be the same. Don't know about the rest of the internals. But the barrel nut is spot welded in about three places. Bottom line: Get a real IMI UZI starting at about $1,100.00 and up. There also used to be a Group Industries UZI as well. American made and pretty much an eXact duplicate to the IMI UZI 16". It had an 18" bbl. and parkerized grey finish with green furniture. Folding stock as well. Cost about the same as IMI and Gun List regularly lists them. How much are these chi-com UZI-wannabes anyways?
Link Posted: 10/6/2001 8:57:12 PM EDT
Don't waste your money on the China-crap!! Go to: [url]http://www.auctionarms.com/[/url] [url]http://www.gunbroker.com/home.asp[/url] I've seen a couple of IMI UZI's go for around $1000 lately. ColtShorty GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
Link Posted: 10/6/2001 8:58:13 PM EDT
I really wanted one of these back when you could actually buy them here. Roomate in college had a beautiful IMI Uzi and I loved shooting that thing. Had the Norinco at a gun show for $399 and I was all excited till I saw it up close. Crappy fit and finish. Really crappy. I was so bummed I went and bought a russian sks for $150. [:)] Save your pennies and get the real thing, which was never an option for me. (f-in' California)
Link Posted: 10/6/2001 9:06:14 PM EDT
i like mine just fine! [uzi]
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 6:44:55 AM EDT
I had one once,the furniture on it sucked so I replaced the grips with IMI grips.I probably went over the line a bit,but,I also installed a IMI fixed stock and hand grips.It was quite nice after that.My only problem with the Uzi is for the weight of the weapon and the pistol caliber.For about the same price you can get a pre-ban folding stock AK.
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 7:15:40 AM EDT
That crappy Norinco Uzi is the only gun I've ever destroyed...and been happy to do it. I couldn't get it to run for shit. Tried all sorts of mags and ammo in hopes that maybe it was just finnicky. Unfortunately, it was not the problem, just crappy quality overall. The fit and finish is atrocious and the stock looks and feels like it was carved from a tree stump by a chimpanzee with a dull rock. I tinkered with mine for quite a while - adjusted & polished the feed ramp and installed a better barrel, all to no avail. I eventually got tired of screwing with it and having it not work, so I calmly removed all the internals, and then took out my frustrations on the receiver and and beat the living snot out of it with a hammer. Very cathartic. A couple hundred bucks down the drain, but fuck it, I wouldn't knowingly sell, or even give, that kind of a problem to another gun owner.
Top Top