User Panel

Site Notices
Who watches Anime? (Page 550 of 742)
Page / 742
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 9:55:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By targetworks:
I kinda sorta like the ending theme from The Executioner and Her Way of Life - well, parts of it, at least. It grows on you.

In the YouTube art shown here, ‘The Executioner’ Menou is on the left, while ‘boobalicious’ a.k.a. Akari her target is on the right.

Ending theme is “Tomoshibi Serenade” sung by ChouCho (not familiar with the artist but will have to check out her other work).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScmqxgLMEYA

As for the series itself, ep. 8 was not nearly as interesting as hoped, but it seems like a new mini-arc has begun so I’ll give it a chance and see where it’s going…

View Quote

I do find it amusing that Momo only refers to Akari as "Boobalicious". I'm not sure if she's ever once used her actual name.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 10:01:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Preach, young succubus! Preach!

It’s so annoying when a female character has a crush on the male MC, she won’t admit she likes/loves him, but she still tries to stop other girls from getting close to him.  The worst ones go the extra mile and act like the MC is cheating on her.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/20/2022 10:08:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By ConcernedCitizen:

I do find it amusing that Momo only refers to Akari as "Boobalicious". I'm not sure if she's ever once used her actual name.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
I kinda sorta like the ending theme from The Executioner and Her Way of Life - well, parts of it, at least. It grows on you.

In the YouTube art shown here, ‘The Executioner’ Menou is on the left, while ‘boobalicious’ a.k.a. Akari her target is on the right.

Ending theme is “Tomoshibi Serenade” sung by ChouCho (not familiar with the artist but will have to check out her other work).

As for the series itself, ep. 8 was not nearly as interesting as hoped, but it seems like a new mini-arc has begun so I’ll give it a chance and see where it’s going…

It’s not even as if Akari is all that well-endowed in that department either, but the envy is strong. Momo is prone to childish outbursts - but is easily pacified by a few pats on the head.

I also enjoy the insults that she tosses in the direction of the princess. It must be very frustrating to be Momo, so powerful and yet powerless at the same time…

Link Posted: 5/20/2022 10:25:49 PM EDT
[#4]

It’s not even as if Akari is all that well-endowed in that department either, but the envy is strong. Momo is prone to childish outbursts - but is easily pacified by a few pats on the head.

I also enjoy the insults that she tosses in the direction of the princess. It must be very frustrating to be Momo, so powerful and yet powerless at the same time…

View All Quotes

I can't wait to see how frequently these battles between Momo and the princess take place.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 10:40:17 PM EDT
[#5]
You masochistic Nagatoro fans that fantasize about a cute anime girl treating you like shit would have probably enjoyed this scene.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/21/2022 3:42:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Why did I not realize cruncy has GTO until today?

Great Teacher Onizuka for those newer to anime
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 4:52:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Brittney “Auditory Butter” Karbowski voices the trap in Aharen-san Is Indecipherable.

I think that might be the first trap she’s voiced.  Unless you’re that guy here that thinks Rimuru is considered a trap.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 6:41:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Hunter-Killer:
Brittney “Auditory Butter” Karbowski voices the trap in Aharen-san Is Indecipherable.

I think that might be the first trap she’s voiced.  Unless you’re that guy here that thinks Rimuru is considered a trap.
View Quote

Splendid it just so happens a friend of mine enjoys both traps and KarButterski…… I will forward him that information
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 6:48:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Liaztraht:
Why did I not realize cruncy has GTO until today?

http://pa1.narvii.com/5926/f9801cdfc6fbe582ee8d1f7ec202f10d88199c27_00.gif

Great Teacher Onizuka for those newer to anime
View Quote

I watched the live action ‘dorama’ on Crunchyroll way back when they used to have a decent selection of them (in fact, IIRC there were two GTO dorama series that I watched) - I’m too lazy to look up whether the anime preceded the live action show(s) or vice-versa - but maybe I should give the anime a try.

(I actually initially started watching anime on CR only reluctantly once I ran out of interesting live action shows to watch there - little did I know…)

Link Posted: 5/21/2022 6:59:22 PM EDT
[#10]
I don't know if it's due to the issue mentioned several weeks ago, or if the studio is having new problems, but the latest Shikimori isn't even a recap.  They rebroadcast the first episode, with a few of the VAs providing some commentary (apparently not given any direction other than to talk about whatever pops into their minds).

Link Posted: 5/21/2022 8:21:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ConcernedCitizen] [#11]

Ending theme is “Tomoshibi Serenade” sung by ChouCho (not familiar with the artist but will have to check out her other work). Reminds me just a bit of Evanescence (but more brash and less subtle).

View Quote

I'm finally caught up on Executioner, and Episode 8 left me feeling extremely torn.

I don't know whether I should be amused or disappointed at the scenes they blatantly reused multiple times. I think they used the same exact bar scene three times, and the same bed scene twice. All they did was change the voiceovers.

That's one way to cut back on animation costs, I guess...
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 8:25:23 PM EDT
[#12]
By E2 of Spy x Family Yor had Best Girl of the Year locked up.

By E5 Spy x Family had Anime of the Year locked up.

By E7 Spy x Family has replaced Demon Slayer as the best active anime.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 8:40:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By JPN:
I don't know if it's due to the issue mentioned several weeks ago, or if the studio is having new problems, but the latest Shikimori isn't even a recap.  They rebroadcast the first episode, with a few of the VAs providing some commentary (apparently not given any direction other than to talk about whatever pops into their minds).

View Quote

That’s always unfortunate

Haven’t watched any of it yet, but I’ve read all 9 available volumes (up to ch 92) and I really enjoyed it …. I’ll definitely watch some but if it totally flips I’m more than content to just read it
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 8:41:43 PM EDT
[#14]
By E2 of Spy x Family Yor had Best Girl of the Year locked up.

By E5 Spy x Family had Anime of the Year locked up.

By E7 Spy x Family has replaced Demon Slayer as the best active anime.
View Quote

Fuck it was gunna wait but I think I may start this tonight and see if I can catch up

Even a co-worker asked me if I was watching this damn show lol
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 9:37:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gunslinger808] [#15]

I'm finally caught up on Executioner, and Episode 8 left me feeling extremely torn.

I don't know whether I should be amused or disappointed at the scenes they blatantly reused multiple times. I think they used the same exact bar scene three times, and the same bed scene twice. All they did was change the voiceovers.

That's one way to cut back on animation costs, I guess...
View Quote

Yeah I noticed that too.
Both the bar and bedroom scene.
Might have been rushed to production so they cut a bunch of corners, but watching Momo recrunch the same snacks over and over was bad, at least watching Akari shake her butt was not that bad.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 9:54:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Gunslinger808:

Yeah I noticed that too.
Both the bar and bedroom scene.
Might have been rushed to production so they cut a bunch of corners, but watching Momo recrunch the same snacks over and over was bad, at least watching Akari shake her butt was not that bad.
View Quote

That sounds trashy. Between the battle at the end of KNY: Entertainment District Arc, the last 2 episodes of Eighty-Six, and Spy x Family (the whole thing) I'm spoiled on studios going full send with production. RPE 11, no fucking brakes. Basically if they don't have time to bother animating even half ass it then I don't have time to watch the shit. There is way too much good content out this season.

Paripi Komei cuts a few corners with some of the animation, but they do it at just the right times where I'm more focused on the music. They get it on when its necessary. Komi-san looks good so far (I'm 2 weeks behind, catching up tonight) and Kaguya has been pretty lit. Those and SxF round out my season. There are other shows that are just not for me (even if I think it objectively good, like the dancer show).

I'm going to be fucking livid if Yofukashi no Uta doesn't look at least as good as Dagashi Kashi. I got bored with the story in Dagashi Kashi but I found it visually appealing. YnU is a more interesting story and a easily my favorite active manga.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 9:59:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By DprvdDgnrt:

Haven’t watched any of it yet, but I’ve read all 9 available volumes (up to ch 92) and I really enjoyed it …. I’ll definitely watch some but if it totally flips I’m more than content to just read it
View All Quotes

Last week's episode covered through the end of chapter 35, and I suspect chapters 36 and 37 will be left out or heavily condensed, so they should be heading into the arc that starts in chapter 38 (upping the drama).

At this rate, I don't see them getting to the big reveal about Shikimori's past, unless they are doing 24 to 26 episodes.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 10:02:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DprvdDgnrt] [#18]

Last week's episode covered through the end of chapter 35, and I suspect chapters 36 and 37 will be left out or heavily condensed, so they should be heading into the arc that starts in chapter 38 (upping the drama).

At this rate, I don't see them getting to the big reveal about Shikimori's past, unless they are doing 24 to 26 episodes.
View Quote

Nice I’ll check it out when it’s all done

I must not be there yet either

While on the subject of manga I’ve been really enjoying Rosario Vampire only 3 volumes in and it’s been great feels like there was some stuff left out of the anime but that could just be my bad memory lol

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 10:07:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gunslinger808] [#19]
One thing I was reading up on yesterday was a lot of voice actors that were employed by Crunchyroll were really pissed off.
Evidently CR has decided that they don’t want to deal with a (the ?) voice actors union so they decided that they would base out of Texas which is a right to work state.
Also amongst the latest complaints was that CR would not allow remote work, and that any voice actor working for them would have to relocate to Texas if they wanted to continue to work.
That could mean a big change for people that watch dubbed anime as your favorite voice actor/character may not be the same next season.

A better summation
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 10:19:45 PM EDT
[#20]

While on the subject of manga I’ve been really enjoying Rosario Vampire only 3 volumes in and it’s been great feels like there was some stuff left out of the anime but that could just be my bad memory lol

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/517465/E10779C0-8FE1-4437-B8A1-8A0BA8D5AA2A_jpe-2392500.JPG
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/517465/E10779C0-8FE1-4437-B8A1-8A0BA8D5AA2A_jpe-2392500.JPG

Silver hair, red eyes, nice rack.

Link Posted: 5/21/2022 10:45:03 PM EDT
[#21]

View Quote

If my memory isn't off, the big reveal is in chapter 126.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 10:46:49 PM EDT
[#22]

https://c.tenor.com/hK0qdqRrWRcAAAAC/lilo-and-stitch-stitch.gif
View Quote

Superiority complex, aloof, beats people up...
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 10:59:58 PM EDT
[#23]

View Quote

Naw, Moka general is cool, only when she transforms.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 11:14:20 PM EDT
[#24]

View All Quotes

https://c.tenor.com/hK0qdqRrWRcAAAAC/lilo-and-stitch-stitch.gif

“Superiority complex.”

No.

“Aloof.”

Maybe in the beginning.  Not so much later.

“Beats people up.”

Link Posted: 5/21/2022 11:21:49 PM EDT
[#25]
I got love for both Mokas

Moka fun fact: so far they refer to untransformed Mokas hair as brown I guess the idea for Pink hair came later
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 11:31:25 PM EDT
[#26]
I got love for both Mokas

Moka fun fact: so far they refer to untransformed Mokas hair as brown I guess the idea for Pink hair came later
View Quote

I am of the Kokoa Shuzen school of thought when it comes to the two Mokas.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 11:39:41 PM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

I can’t expect such thoughts, I know how much you like bullies but I need pink Moka around too
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 11:49:24 PM EDT
[#28]
it's only taken 6 years but Luffy v Kaido is living up to the hype!
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 11:52:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By bhouse1545:
View Quote

Can’t fucking wait

I’m only afew episodes back (where Yamato was reminiscing about Ace) I like to let a good handful build up before I hop back in
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 11:56:40 PM EDT
[#30]

I can’t expect such thoughts, I know how much you like bullies but I need pink Moka around too
View All Quotes

Link Posted: 5/21/2022 11:57:25 PM EDT
[#31]

Can’t fucking wait

I’m only afew episodes back (where Yamato was reminiscing about Ace) I like to let a good handful build up before I hop back in
View All Quotes

Can’t fucking wait

latest episodes really have shown Toei can make really great animations (took them 23 years) they are on par with Ufotable recently
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 12:01:06 AM EDT
[#32]

latest episodes really have shown Toei can make really great animations (took them 23 years) they are on par with Ufotable recently
View Quote

Yeah Wano has some fantastic animation sprinkled in
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 1:18:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mort] [#33]
I like Trapped in a dating Sim but the animation is quite terrible.  The fight scenes remind me of making moving pictures with ye olde hypercard stacks on the Apple LC-3 back in school.

The poors quality really stands out in comparison to other shows this season like Spy x Family and 86.

I really would like to see how much better this show could be if they doubled the budget, tho 2 x Nothing = Nothing still.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 2:52:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: targetworks] [#34]
Originally Posted By mort:
I like Trapped in a dating Sim but the animation is quite terrible.  The fight scenes remind me of making moving pictures with ye olde hypercard stacks on the Apple LC-3 back in school.

The poors quality really stands out in comparison to other shows this season like Spy x Family and 86.

I really would like to see how much better this show could be if they doubled the budget, tho 2 x Nothing = Nothing still.
View Quote

Am I the only one who keeps getting confused between the MC in Trapped in a Dating Sim… and the MC in The Greatest Demon Lord is Reborn…?

I have to look closely at their respective harem members to figure out which is which, and then I have to struggle to remember which set of super powers one guy or the other has at his disposal.

I guess that Dating Sim MC is more of an asshole than the other guy, and he uses a dorky mecha with the help of an asshole of a talking, flying robotic eyeball, while reincarnated Demon Lord guy is more of a ‘nice guy’ who is ultra powerful in his own right,  so there’s that…

Link Posted: 5/22/2022 3:34:53 PM EDT
[#35]
To balance out the wholesomeness of Spy x Family and Aharen-san Is Indecipherable I think it’s time for a “wholesome” rewatch.

Attachment Attached File

"Rape Me Some Fine Bitches" scene from Predators. Bitch Raping Time!

Link Posted: 5/22/2022 3:37:31 PM EDT
[#36]

Am I the only one who keeps getting confused between the MC in Trapped in a Dating Sim… and the MC in The Greatest Demon Lord is Reborn…?

I have to look closely at their respective harem members to figure out which is which, and then I have to struggle to remember which set of super powers one guy or the other has at his disposal.

I guess that Dating Sim MC is more of an asshole than the other guy, and he uses a dorky mecha with the help of an asshole of a talking, flying robotic eyeball, while reincarnated Demon Lord guy is more of a ‘nice guy’ who is ultra powerful in his own right,  so there’s that…
View Quote

Ive never saved it but there is a composite that floats around /a/ with screen shots of (IIRC) 20 different isekai MCs. They really all do look the same.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 4:12:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: targetworks] [#37]
Originally Posted By brasscrossedrifles:

Ive never saved it but there is a composite that floats around /a/ with screen shots of (IIRC) 20 different isekai MCs. They really all do look the same.
View All Quotes

Yeah - it’s especially challenging when you’re watching two of those series as they release new episodes each week, as opposed to binging one or the other.

I also would have had a hard time distinguishing between Hasegawa Kodaka, the MC of Haganai, and Murakami Ryouta, the MC of Brynhildr (which I just finished - worth viewing IMHO).

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/22/2022 4:12:42 PM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

Just a few here, if they were all dressed the same I couldn’t tell.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 4:32:01 PM EDT
[#39]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/19372/0C7EF078-AC7E-49C6-9EE6-134536F66471_jpe-2393302.JPG
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/19372/0C7EF078-AC7E-49C6-9EE6-134536F66471_jpe-2393302.JPG

Well, I recognize (at least) Kirito in that shot...

Link Posted: 5/22/2022 4:43:04 PM EDT
[#40]

View All Quotes

Touya Mochizuki: the beneficiary of THE most ideal isekai scenario in the history of anime.

I can’t think of another isekai that even comes close.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 4:54:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JPN] [#41]

View All Quotes

SAO

Wise Man's Grandchild

Deathmarch to the Parallel World

3 out of 6 is the best I can do off the top of my head.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 5:07:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ConcernedCitizen] [#42]

View Quote

I fail completely. I can't name a single one of them.

Now do the anime women... They all look the same to me, too!
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 5:13:51 PM EDT
[#43]
These are the two I’m drawing a blank on.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 5:17:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DprvdDgnrt] [#44]
I haven’t seen any of their anime …. I recognize kirito I guess from memes

They all look like dip shits to me lol here’s some good male MCs kids can look up too

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 5:22:39 PM EDT
[#45]

Touya Mochizuki: the beneficiary of THE most ideal isekai scenario in the history of anime.

View Quote

Being able to just highlight and zap multiple enemies does take some of the fun out of it, though...
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 5:31:33 PM EDT
[#46]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/9F45A568-A3B0-42FC-8E51-50B25AFCB1D7_jpe-2393371.JPG
View Quote

Isekai Cheat Magician?
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 5:37:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Sometimes the trope makes for a good gag, though...

In Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun, I love how Clara's entire family has the exact same faces, which even the characters notice and take the time to point out!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/22/2022 9:14:50 PM EDT
[#48]

Just a few here, if they were all dressed the same I couldn't tell.

View All Quotes

Just a few here, if they were all dressed the same I couldn't tell.

More than once I've said oh look it's Kirato again while watching a new anime.  It's funnier when you can tell it is the same VA.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 9:45:17 PM EDT
[#49]

Being able to just highlight and zap multiple enemies does take some of the fun out of it, though...
View All Quotes

There would definitely be more fun isekai scenarios, but if you died right now and God said you were being isekaied and you could pick any MC scenario from any isekai you've seen there is no better option than Smartphone.

Unless you're a psychopath who wants to kill tens of thousands of people and have no interest in sex despite having a harem thrown at you.  

Link Posted: 5/22/2022 9:47:10 PM EDT
[#50]

Isekai Cheat Magician?
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/9F45A568-A3B0-42FC-8E51-50B25AFCB1D7_jpe-2393371.JPG

Isekai Cheat Magician?

I don't think I've ever seen that one (is it good?) so that's certainly a possibility.
Page / 742
Who watches Anime? (Page 550 of 742)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top