Who watches Anime? (Page 549 of 742)
Page / 742
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 7:01:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 7:03:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Hunter-Killer:

I noticed in your edit you said you have only watched the part of the anime I said was "watchable."  I thought that was kind of a funny coincidence.

View Quote

Well, I’ll have to see if it holds up to my somewhat low expectations.

At least it’s wholesome!
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 7:13:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Gunslinger808:

At least it’s wholesome!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I noticed in your edit you said you have only watched the part of the anime I said was "watchable."  I thought that was kind of a funny coincidence.

At least it’s wholesome!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 8:00:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By targetworks:
and it doesn’t help that CR tells me that there are new episodes in German or dubs or whatever when all I’m interested in are the subs).
View Quote

It would be a huge improvement to their service, if they would just allow you to select a language, then select an option (next to the language selection) that says NO, I DON'T WANT TO SEE ANYTHING ABOUT EPISODES BEING AVAILABLE IN ANY OTHER LANGUAGE, SO DON'T CONSTANTLY SHOW ME EVERY SINGLE RELEASE OF EPISODES IN EVERY LANGUAGE THEY ARE AVAILABLE IN.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 8:57:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By JPN:

It would be a huge improvement to their service, if they would just allow you to select a language, then select an option (next to the language selection) that says NO, I DON'T WANT TO SEE ANYTHING ABOUT EPISODES BEING AVAILABLE IN ANY OTHER LANGUAGE, SO DON'T CONSTANTLY SHOW ME EVERY SINGLE RELEASE OF EPISODES IN EVERY LANGUAGE THEY ARE AVAILABLE IN.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JPN:
and it doesn’t help that CR tells me that there are new episodes in German or dubs or whatever when all I’m interested in are the subs).

Yup, that’s annoying. 600 episodes under a title, but only 20 are are the sub and another 20 are the English dub.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 9:00:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hunter-Killer] [#6]
9.7M views for a 30 second video on a channel with 4k subscribers.

Link Posted: 5/17/2022 9:41:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mort] [#7]
9.7M views for a 30 second video on a channel with 4k subscribers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzahC95XzC8
View Quote
Shut the fuck up shinji and get in the giant robot!

ETA

Link Posted: 5/17/2022 9:54:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Agilt:

@DprvdDgnrt

Watched everything they had available so far last night, was pretty terrific. Funny (and accurate) all the way through.

10/10 recommend if you like the Fate stuff.

View Quote

@Agilt

Yeah I’m definitely gunna consume it all

If you like that you need to check out carnival phantasm it’s a fate comedy sketch show

Carnival Phantasm: All Fate Sketches
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 12:34:22 AM EDT
[#9]
The stuff showing up on CR is certainly diverse.  Valkyrie Drive -Mermaid- is certainly an interesting show, especially if you dig lots of schoolgirls making out in order to Summon their magic weapons.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 4:05:06 AM EDT
[#10]
I am finding a lot of titles now on Crunchyroll post-merger that for whatever reason I had previously either missed or ignored or was unaware of - and some of them are pretty cool.

For example, currently watching Arpeggio of Blue Steel
View Quote

That's been on crunchyshit for a while. I watched it last year. I liked it too.

In other news, volume 10 of Eighty-Six dropped today. Everything besides Spy x Family is on hold until I finish it. I'm already a week behind on both Komi and Komei because I worked too much overtime last week. F.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 7:06:32 AM EDT
[#11]
I’m sure some of y’all can relate.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 7:04:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: targetworks] [#12]
Growing up in ‘this’ world rather than in ‘that’ world, I really missed out.

Not only did my high school not have school festivals, but neither did they have erotic French maid cafes as part of those festivals that they did not have.

Link Posted: 5/19/2022 2:31:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Growing up in 'this' world rather than in 'that' world, I really missed out.

Not only did my high school not have school festivals, but neither did they have erotic French maid cafes as part of those festivals that they did not have.

View Quote
Your school sounds as boring as mine.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 4:43:29 AM EDT
[#14]

View Quote

Remember what they took from you
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 5:02:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Gunslinger808] [#15]
I guess an artist by the name of Sakimichan that post on Twitter and DeviantArt has really pissed off a lot of people by doing a risqué up aging pic of Anya Forger.
She’s even been getting death threats and a lot of anger from a lot of the anime community.
I’ve seen the pic, and really it’s not all that bad, but I guess it really crossed the line for a lot of hardcore SpyxFamily and especially Anya fans.
The pic is easy to find, I just won’t post it here as it is close to the COC, but then again I’ve seen a few in the Anime girls are taking over the forum thread that aren’t much different.

She does some nice work, and for those interested, check her stuff out, even has a few of Yor that are rather attention getting.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 5:11:17 AM EDT
[#16]
I guess an artist by the name of Sakimichan that post on Twitter and DeviantArt has really pissed off a lot of people by doing a risqué up aging pic of Anya Forger.
She’s even been getting death threats and a lot of anger from a lot of the anime community.
I’ve seen the pic, and really it’s not all that bad, but I guess it really crossed the line for a lot of hardcore SpyxFamily and especially Anya fans.
The pic is easy to find, I just won’t post it here as it is close to the COC, but then again I’ve seen a few in the Anime girls are taking over the forum thread that aren’t much different.

She does some nice work, and for those interested, check her stuff out, even has a few of Yor that are rather attention getting.
View Quote

That’s giga-tarded lol mad about an adult version of a child? Do they not realize that if they think getting worked up about a drawing is a positive use of their time there are lewd pictures of child characters that are still in child form lol
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 5:19:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By DprvdDgnrt:

That’s giga-tarded lol mad about an adult version of a child? Do they not realize that if they think getting worked up about a drawing is a positive use of their time there are lewd pictures of child characters that are still in child form lol
View Quote

And those same idiots probably rule 34 every one of their favorite anime characters.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 6:32:39 AM EDT
[#18]

And those same idiots probably rule 34 every one of their favorite anime characters.
View Quote

There’s probably some poorly drawn picture of their 2 favorite shonen protags making out somewhere lol
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 7:40:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Yeah, it was bound to happen. I'll take a pass, though. Anya is firmly at the top of my adorable child list, where she shall remain.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 2:26:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mort] [#20]
Skeleton Knight in Another World is not very faithful to the LN. Bunch of little things are different.  One that bugs me is that Ariane is more dere in anime and more tsun in the LN.  Also they cut out a lot of detail on an ambush battle of a princess that I wanted to watch.  I'm guessing most of the changes are budget driven instead of style or storytelling improvements.

Maybe Arianes personality change is a style difference,  because producer is tired of the tsundere trope?
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 2:37:33 PM EDT
[#21]
How do y'all feel about Fire Force?

I was told to watch it the other day... it never really jumped out at me as worth watching. But I could certainly be wrong.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 2:45:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 2:47:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Seiran] [#23]
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 2:55:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Seiran:
I like it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By beitodesstrafe:

I was told to watch it the other day... it never really jumped out at me as worth watching. But I could certainly be wrong.
I like it.

Same. Fun and interesting premise. And not an isekai.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 2:57:44 PM EDT
[#25]
I have really been enjoying Skeleton Knight in Another World, but I gotta laugh at the oppai elf warrior.  She goes on and on about how they need to save the elf girls that were enslaved, but on the way to rescue them she keeps wasting time for frivolous shit.  A nice relaxing dinner at an inn, stopping for hours to skin animals for a present, etc.  Not to mention slowly walking everywhere.  I mean, damn, these enslaved elf girls must not be that important to you.

Happy to see more of the ninja cat girl.  Maybe we can get another scene like this.

Link Posted: 5/19/2022 3:23:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By mort:
Skeleton Knight in Another World is not very faithful to the LN. Bunch of little things are different.  One that bugs me is that Ariane is more dere in anime and more tsun in the LN.  Also they cut out a lot of detail on an ambush battle of a princess that I wanted to watch.  I'm guessing most of the changes are budget driven instead of style or storytelling improvements.

Maybe Arianes personality change is a style difference,  because producer is tired of the tsundere trope?
View Quote

The female lead was a tsundere in the LN, but the anime changed that?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 3:34:08 PM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

It has its moments...

And there are other times when you will want to punch the MC (or the writers, or both).

Some recurring fan-service gags are always fun.

Along with some segments and gags that are intended to supply 'comic relief' but fall flat.

Some of the evil assholes are truly evil. While others merely have incomprehensible motives. I'm not a big fan of church-related hero-and-villain themes (such as in A Certain Magical Index and maybe also in SAO Alicization IIRC and others), which pervade some of the storytelling here.

From time to time you will get to see a few action and artwork sequences that are absolutely brilliant and breathtaking in their execution.

Don't watch it if you're afraid of fire (or insects), though.

When all is said and done, IMHO it is definitely worth watching.

Link Posted: 5/19/2022 3:37:37 PM EDT
[#28]

View Quote

It's decent.

If you liked soul eater you will like it.

I need to get caught up on the manga again.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 3:57:32 PM EDT
[#29]

After watching yesterday's episode I am convinced they are in a hurry to get to some of the more action packed arcs.  But have really screwed up in condensing the 2-3 arcs they are trying to gloss over.

That whole infinite labyrinth thing lasted a lot longer in the Manga.

I'd say the biggest weakness of sheild hero between novel and anime is managing the action to properly flesh out the story.

Novels spent a lot of time with the leveling mechanics. As while they are fighting new monsters there's this whole thing with how Naofumi is cataloging them and adding components to his sheild.

I guess the animation studio didn't see the merit in having the group fight monsters in the activity of normal leveling. So now the exposition is too boring to include. As the only time they fight is when it's during the waves. Or a plot specific action.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 5:26:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Just looked. It is hardly as risque as I thought it would be. People need to get over themselves.
View All Quotes
I guess an artist by the name of Sakimichan that post on Twitter and DeviantArt has really pissed off a lot of people by doing a risqu up aging pic of Anya Forger.
She's even been getting death threats and a lot of anger from a lot of the anime community.
I've seen the pic, and really it's not all that bad, but I guess it really crossed the line for a lot of hardcore SpyxFamily and especially Anya fans.
The pic is easy to find, I just won't post it here as it is close to the COC, but then again I've seen a few in the Anime girls are taking over the forum thread that aren't much different.

Just looked. It is hardly as risque as I thought it would be. People need to get over themselves.
Especially weird considering the original concept had her as a moody teen
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 5:38:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By TheOTHERmaninblack:
View All Quotes
I guess an artist by the name of Sakimichan that post on Twitter and DeviantArt has really pissed off a lot of people by doing a risqu up aging pic of Anya Forger.
She's even been getting death threats and a lot of anger from a lot of the anime community.
I've seen the pic, and really it's not all that bad, but I guess it really crossed the line for a lot of hardcore SpyxFamily and especially Anya fans.
The pic is easy to find, I just won't post it here as it is close to the COC, but then again I've seen a few in the Anime girls are taking over the forum thread that aren't much different.

Which is based on a one shot involving a very similiar character by the mangaka that never took off.

https://spy-x-family.fandom.com/wiki/Rengoku_no_Ashe
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 5:50:11 PM EDT
[#32]

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/19/2022 8:23:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 1:51:59 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 1:57:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Gunslinger808] [#35]
And on the other side of the picture…

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 2:07:57 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 3:21:39 AM EDT
[#37]
Allright, I'm gonna say it...

I enjoy Trapped in a Dating Sim and Skeleton Knight in Another World more than Spy x Family...

Link Posted: 5/20/2022 5:22:11 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Liaztraht:

I enjoy Trapped in a Dating Sim and Skeleton Knight in Another World more than Spy x Family...

View Quote

Watching all 3 now. Read the LN for Trapped in a Dating Sim, hope they don't screw up the anime.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 5:59:05 AM EDT
[#39]
Komi detractors: “she never talks!”

Komi in E19:

Link Posted: 5/20/2022 6:51:00 AM EDT
[#40]

View Quote
That's okay, everybody's allowed to be wrong. Terribly terribly wrong.

Although both of those others are pretty good.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 7:09:07 AM EDT
[#41]
Totally basic bitch anime but the premise and storyline behind Ghost in the Shell 2045: Sustainable War is really good. Good enough I actually got the wife to watch it(!)

The animation pretty much sucks though. I can’t tell from the credits if Shirow still has anything to do with the series or if he’s completely moved on, but whoever is writing it has a good finger on the pulse of today.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 7:10:53 AM EDT
[#42]
Komi detractors: “she never talks!”

Komi in E19:

https://c.tenor.com/z_ldWq91vc4AAAAC/i-have-a-lot-to-say-today-nicole-arbour.gif
View Quote

Where are you streaming it that Komi is on 19?  It's only on 16 for me.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 1:20:10 PM EDT
[#43]

View All Quotes

I still enjoy it, and even I kinda over hyped it at first. The other two just grew on me more

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/20/2022 1:22:26 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Tikiman001:

Watching all 3 now. Read the LN for Trapped in a Dating Sim, hope they don't screw up the anime.
View All Quotes

At least from the bit I read, it seems fairly accurate. I hope it stays that way.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 3:58:59 PM EDT
[#45]

View All Quotes

If You Can't Beat 'em, Date Their Mom! | Trapped in a Dating Sim
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 4:31:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Liaztraht] [#46]
View All Quotes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qz17vU02G4
An MC that is only powerful because he knew how to cheat his way ahead, and actually has balls. Makes it one of the better trash isekai

And the fact he's an asshole, but understandably so, is better than the calm op types with no personality.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 6:21:47 PM EDT
[#47]
An MC that is only powerful because he knew how to cheat his way ahead, and actually has balls. Makes it one of the better trash isekai

And the fact he's an asshole, but understandably so, is better than the calm op types with no personality.
View All Quotes

I'd put it at number 2 or 3 of the new titles this season, and way ahead of Shield Hero season 2, but SxF is still #1.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 6:51:05 PM EDT
[#48]
I'd put it at number 2 or 3 of the new titles this season, and way ahead of Shield Hero season 2, but SxF is still #1.
View All Quotes

SxF, Trapped in a Dating Sim, and Skeleton Knight are the top 3 for me. All are close in my opinion. Their positions may change as the seasons wrap up, that's just where it stands for me at this time.

Shield Hero has become trash. I am utterly disappointed. I'm trying to stick it out and hoping the last few episodes redeem it. But I am prepared for more disappointment.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 8:49:59 PM EDT
[#49]

View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 9:52:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: targetworks] [#50]
I kinda sorta like the ending theme from The Executioner and Her Way of Life - well, parts of it, at least. It grows on you.

In the YouTube art shown here, ‘The Executioner’ Menou is on the left, while ‘boobalicious’ a.k.a. Akari her target is on the right.

Ending theme is “Tomoshibi Serenade” sung by ChouCho (not familiar with the artist but will have to check out her other work). Reminds me just a bit of Evanescence (but more brash and less subtle).

As for the series itself, ep. 8 was not nearly as interesting as hoped, but it seems like a new mini-arc has begun so I’ll give it a chance and see where it’s going…

Page / 742
Who watches Anime? (Page 549 of 742)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top