[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By brasscrossedrifles:

Bro, just learn Japanese, bro.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/9/2021 8:02:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By pokey074:

This was quite a few years ago. I seem to remember that Crunchyroll and Funimation split up with the latter going to all dubs, and the former going to all subs. I don't do dubs.
View Quote

Originally Posted By Stitches1974:

Crunchyroll is not all subs.

https://www.crunchyroll.com/magical-sempai/episode-1-the-unknown-sempai-sempai-in-a-box-sempai-calls-sempai-and-the-pigeon-790684

I'm the exact opposite of you. I can't do subs. The text never stays there long enough and it takes my attention away  from watching the anime itself
View Quote

Me like boff
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 8:04:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By DprvdDgnrt:

Me like boff
View Quote

Boff?
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 9:09:26 AM EDT
[#4]

End of season 3 sucked. I do like the series as a whole though.

EDIT: Getting a movie as well.

https://www.funimation.com/blog/2021/05/08/overlord-season-4-new-movie-announced/
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Swoosh101:
overlord season 4 is coming prepare for worse CGI.

End of season 3 sucked. I do like the series as a whole though.

EDIT: Getting a movie as well.

https://www.funimation.com/blog/2021/05/08/overlord-season-4-new-movie-announced/

Link Posted: 5/9/2021 9:38:01 AM EDT
[#5]

Boff?
View Quote

Both lol
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 12:26:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 12:27:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 12:32:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: beitodesstrafe] [#8]
Originally Posted By Seiran:
She is not best girl though.
View Quote

Have you seen the movie yet?
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 12:37:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 12:37:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Not yet. Soon.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By beitodesstrafe:
She is not best girl though.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/138374/543dda274ca554e7dd5ba5e88a8bf257-1425373-1426036.jpg

Have you seen the movie yet?
Not yet. Soon.

She really shines in the movie.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 4:13:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LittlePony] [#11]

"You know Astolfo is a dude, right?" ?ONESHOT?
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 11:24:35 PM EDT
[#12]
So aside from her obvious assists, Yunyun's comic relief does play well. She is not best girl though.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/10/2021 12:15:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Gunslinger808:

https://i.imgur.com/Fj5zcuC.jpg
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Gunslinger808:
So aside from her obvious assists, Yunyun's comic relief does play well. She is not best girl though.

https://i.imgur.com/Fj5zcuC.jpg

That's a funny looking Wiz
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 6:17:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 9:07:05 AM EDT
[#15]

Well deserved. Best thing I've seen in a theatre in years (bar set low, but still). I might go see it again Friday if it is still showing around here.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 10:51:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By brasscrossedrifles:

Well deserved. Best thing I've seen in a theatre in years (bar set low, but still). I might go see it again Friday if it is still showing around here.
View Quote

My wife has been reading about all the success and asked if we'd go see it again.

Link Posted: 5/10/2021 11:15:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: tep0583] [#17]
Just dropping in to bitch that 3.0+1.0 hasn't dropped on Bluray in America yet and probably won't for a few more years.

That's seriously messing with my Zen thing, man.

Link Posted: 5/10/2021 11:55:10 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By tep0583:
Just dropping in to bitch that 3.0+1.0 hasn't dropped on Bluray in America yet and probably won't for a few more years.

That's seriously messing with my Zen thing, man.

View Quote
Considering the fight Funimation had with Khara over the 3.0 dub(and why it was delayed so long)  and how Khara went about the Eva redub.
It may be best it never happens because Khara will probably demand the new cast dubs 3.0+1.0

Link Posted: 5/10/2021 12:45:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 4:14:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hunter-Killer] [#20]
How has no one recommend (at least that I've seen) So I'm a Spider, So What?

It's an isekai where a classroom of students gets reincarnated in a fantasy world.  Pretty much all of them are born into positions of power, wealth, social standing, etc.  Except one.  She gets reincarnated as, you guessed it, a spider.

I went into it not expecting much so I was pleasantly surprised to find it's very funny with a interesting story that leaves you compelled to find out what happens next.  17 of the 24 episodes are out and I watched them all in under 24 hours.

Oh, and there's a loli demon lord.

Link Posted: 5/10/2021 4:40:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Hunter-Killer:

It's an isekai where a classroom of students gets reincarnated in a fantasy world.  Pretty much all of them are born into positions of power, wealth, social standing, etc.  Except one.  She gets reincarnated as, you guessed it, a spider.

I went into it not expecting much so I was pleasantly surprised to find it's very funny with a interesting story that leaves you compelled to find out what happens next.  17 of the 24 episodes are out and I watched them all in under 24 hours.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/1762568931213297289/BE22FEF84FAFF0EC2761A696359B8AA3CD8F0874/?imw=600&imh=338&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=true
View Quote

I’ve been watching it, episode by episode as they come out.

I mostly like it - not sure how she became such a master strategist, unless it was just a natural extension of her gaming abilities from her original world - but I’m just going with the story flow rather than trying to over-analyze the plot twists and turns.

Without actually knowing what’s in store (so I don’t think that a spoiler alert is warranted), it seems pretty clear to me that they’re all headed toward a grand clash leading to a neatly tied-up resolution that will finally answer all of the questions that they’ve been foreshadowing along the way, including possibly a species change and a crossing of paths that had heretofore been separated, the revelation of who was the class member (or teacher) who was ultimately responsible for the whole thing to start with, whether or how all of those broken taboos lead to punishment or reward, whether there’s going to be an absolute ‘winner’, and whether the writers are planning to have a grand reset at the end where a roll of the dice may decide who gets to be what in a whole new game from square one, with memories of past lives preserved or not, and so forth.

I’m guessing that they’ll at least leave the door open for a third season.

Link Posted: 5/10/2021 4:53:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By targetworks:

I mostly like it - not sure how she became such a master strategist, unless it was just a natural extension of her gaming abilities from her original world - but I’m just going with the story flow rather than trying to over-analyze the plot twists and turns.

Without actually knowing what’s in store (so I don’t think that a spoiler alert is warranted), it seems pretty clear to me that they’re all headed toward a grand clash leading to a neatly tied-up resolution that will finally answer all of the questions that they’ve been foreshadowing along the way, including possibly a species change and a crossing of paths that had heretofore been separated, the revelation of who was the class member (or teacher) who was ultimately responsible for the whole thing to start with, whether or how all of those broken taboos lead to punishment or reward, whether there’s going to be an absolute ‘winner’, and whether the writers are planning to have a grand reset at the end where a roll of the dice may decide who gets to be what in a whole new game from square one, with memories of past lives preserved or not, and so forth.

View All Quotes

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/1762568931213297289/BE22FEF84FAFF0EC2761A696359B8AA3CD8F0874/?imw=600&imh=338&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=true

I don't think it's so much that she is a master strategist as it is that she has human intellect with RPG experience dealing with opponents that, for the most part, aren't very intelligent.

Plus...

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 5:01:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: targetworks] [#23]

I don't think it's so much that she is a master strategist as it is that she has human intellect with RPG experience dealing with opponents that, for the most part, aren't very intelligent.

Plus...

Click To View Spoiler
View All Quotes

Plus...

Click To View Spoiler

What hasn’t been clear to me is...

Click To View Spoiler

Link Posted: 5/10/2021 7:37:05 PM EDT
[#24]

View Quote

Pretty sure I did several pages back. Been watching it as it comes out (dub, so only to ep 12). One of the better shows this season, I think.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 7:38:40 PM EDT
[#25]

What hasn't been clear to me is...

Click To View Spoiler

View All Quotes

I've been watching it, episode by episode as they come out.

I mostly like it - not sure how she became such a master strategist, unless it was just a natural extension of her gaming abilities from her original world - but I'm just going with the story flow rather than trying to over-analyze the plot twists and turns.

Without actually knowing what's in store (so I don't think that a spoiler alert is warranted), it seems pretty clear to me that they're all headed toward a grand clash leading to a neatly tied-up resolution that will finally answer all of the questions that they've been foreshadowing along the way, including possibly a species change and a crossing of paths that had heretofore been separated, the revelation of who was the class member (or teacher) who was ultimately responsible for the whole thing to start with, whether or how all of those broken taboos lead to punishment or reward, whether there's going to be an absolute 'winner', and whether the writers are planning to have a grand reset at the end where a roll of the dice may decide who gets to be what in a whole new game from square one, with memories of past lives preserved or not, and so forth.

I'm guessing that they'll at least leave the door open for a third season.

Plus...

Click To View Spoiler

What hasn't been clear to me is...

Click To View Spoiler

She cheats.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 8:15:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By RandomGuy1911A1:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/232454/6rtr04kzgoo11-1540985.jpg

That's a funny looking Wiz
View Quote

Ha, may not be, but she is my favorite.
One of the best laughs in the whole story is her interaction with the Demon King general that just wants Megumin to quit blowing up his castle.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 10:01:12 PM EDT
[#27]

As Target pointed out, it's How NOT to Summon a Demon Lord.

S1 was some of the most fun I've had watching an anime outside of Haganai.

S2, so far, is just okay.

https://animereview829003141.files.wordpress.com/2018/10/holein1.gif?w=480
https://animereview829003141.files.wordpress.com/2018/10/holein2.gif?w=480
View Quote

Definitely need to watch that after seeing this:

Jād Saxton - Rem Galleu
Sarah Wiedenheft - Shera L. Greenwood
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 11:14:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By TheOTHERmaninblack:

Pretty sure I did several pages back. Been watching it as it comes out (dub, so only to ep 12). One of the better shows this season, I think.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TheOTHERmaninblack:

I watched the dub up to E12, but the sub was up to E17 so I switched at that point.  

Side note: Brianna Knickerbocker is making a case to slide into my top 3 of English female VAs.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 11:22:11 PM EDT
[#29]

Jād Saxton - Rem Galleu
View All Quotes

As Target pointed out, it's How NOT to Summon a Demon Lord.

S1 was some of the most fun I've had watching an anime outside of Haganai.

S2, so far, is just okay.

https://animereview829003141.files.wordpress.com/2018/10/holein1.gif?w=480
https://animereview829003141.files.wordpress.com/2018/10/holein2.gif?w=480

Jād Saxton - Rem Galleu

They do a great job playing off of each other.  Shera's bubbly personality clashing with Rem's tsundere personality is pretty funny.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 11:45:23 PM EDT
[#30]

Ive seen that whole list besides Cross ange and Garden of sinners

I can understand Gintama and Fate Zero being on that list but I don't see why anyone would have an issue with any of the other first episodes
View Quote
@DprvdDgnrt
Well get to it.

Visually(ufotable) and Soundtrack(Yukai Kaijura) alone is worth the price of admission, even if the plot is a little hard to follow at times because subtitles()

It's a crime it was never dubbed or given a proper Bluray release in the US.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 5:12:22 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By DragoMuseveni:
@DprvdDgnrt
Well get to it.

Visually(ufotable) and Soundtrack(Yukai Kaijura) alone is worth the price of admission, even if the plot is a little hard to follow at times because subtitles()

View Quote

It’s always been on “the list” big fan of Ufotable fate series and really love what Kaijura did with Madoka Magica

I remember looking for it a few years ago and not finding streaming options..... but I just checked and it’s on Crunchyroll!
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 8:35:41 AM EDT
[#32]

It’s always been on “the list” big fan of Ufotable fate series and really love what Kaijura did with Madoka Magica

I remember looking for it a few years ago and not finding streaming options..... but I just checked and it’s on Crunchyroll!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DragoMuseveni:
@DprvdDgnrt
Well get to it.

Based on the discussion above, just started watching ep. 1 - I think that it will keep my interest...

Yes, the subtitles do go by pretty quickly - like the Monogatari series - I'm studying Japanese, and so I'm constantly comparing the dialog that I hear with the English translations that I see, and so it's not usually a problem for me, but I can see how it might be a negative for someone who doesn't understand Japanese and is just trying to watch the story.

Link Posted: 5/11/2021 9:53:37 AM EDT
[#33]

They do a great job playing off of each other.  Shera's bubbly personality clashing with Rem's tsundere personality is pretty funny.
View Quote

Rude Funimation. They have it for $29.99. Says it's in stock, but can't add it to cart. Everywhere else it's almost $50.00.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 6:25:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Public Serive Announcement: One Piece is where all the best girls live

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 6:26:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 6:27:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 6:29:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 6:33:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 6:48:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DprvdDgnrt] [#40]
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 6:48:53 PM EDT
[#41]
This season has a couple of great new shows. I love both of these.

Amazing, absolutely amazing:

86 EIGHTY-SIX | OFFICIAL TRAILER

There is a sub theme of "OMG racism!" but that isn't hit on as hard as the real point: the unavoidable human cost of war, and the psychological effects that war has on the war fighter.

This is also lit af:

Tokyo Revengers | OFFICIAL TRAILER

I'm a little triggered at how their interpretation of how changing past events would effect the present, but I can let it go. Everything else about the show is amazing.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 6:51:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Stitches1974] [#42]

https://media.tenor.com/images/872b52b6a7e17770e9d6ecf992565b0a/tenor.gif

They are all great designs if you ask me!!!! Especially Big Mom (#15)
View Quote

Hard pass!

EDIT: #15 looks like something from the cartoon The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack, that my friend's kids used to watch.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 6:54:09 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 6:57:01 PM EDT
[#44]
Koguma = delinquent
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 7:09:23 PM EDT
[#45]

Who hear is the best candidate for my new avatar ?
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 7:14:25 PM EDT
[#46]

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/12/2021 7:15:37 PM EDT
[#47]

View All Quotes

Link Posted: 5/12/2021 7:17:10 PM EDT
[#48]

https://miro.medium.com/max/529/0*ltQkCTMfLA76FYzr.

View All Quotes

https://miro.medium.com/max/529/0*ltQkCTMfLA76FYzr.

Link Posted: 5/12/2021 7:23:32 PM EDT
[#49]

Page / 742
Who watches Anime? (Page 384 of 742)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top