Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/5/2001 2:47:24 PM EDT
The weather up until 3 pm was excellent.  Unfortunately the ammo selection and deals weren't.  I am not sure what is happening other than the big run on ammo since 9/11 but the vendors at the machine gun shoot offered limited selection and what I felt is non-competitive pricing compared to what I normally encounter.

The best deal, judging by the reaction from the crowd, appeared to be the $20 chinese pellet rifles.  They sold out quickly.

Lots of vendors were offering 30 rd. AR mags for $30.  The AR uppers w/kits seemed to be glued to the tables.  I did not see one person walking around with a kit like I normally do.

One new wrinkle is the searching of all backpacks, bags, etc. by gate security.  Another effect of terrorism.  Hard to believe someone would target the machine gun shoot for an attack, but the KCR staff isn't taking chances.
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 7:51:38 PM EDT
[#1]
sure they were searching bags, but only to make sure you were well armed enough.

"whats this, a friggin seecamp?   COME BACK HERE WHEN YOU GOT YOUR SELF A GLOCK!"
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 8:02:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Commis, have to disagree with you on the deals.  I picked up a new Remington 700 PSS for $660 WITH a Harris Bipod.  Also bought some Speer Golddot for $15 from TN guns.  Only ran into one prick, and that guy was from Watson Weapons or something like that.  Too bad the ran wiped us out.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top