Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/5/2001 2:32:04 PM EDT
I guess I am too used to getting good, fast service from internet retailers. I expect to place an order, get an email confirmation of my order, and a email stating that the goods were shipped with a tracking number, all this in a timely fashion. It works like that when I order electronics, or dvds, or other goods. It seems every time I order a firearm or ammo, or gun parts & accessories that it never goes fast or smooth. Example - I order a SAR-1 from xyz company, three weeks ago, the gun still has not shipped, every time I call to inquire about it I get another excuse as to why it has not shipped (can't find the FFL, the girl that knows how to run the computer is sick, etc..). I ordered some ammo and mags last week from another company, it still has not shipped and they can't find my order, had no problem finding my credit card number though. On top of that the idiot that answers the phone is a total a-hole and makes it seem like I'm bothering him with my questions. I get the same inept treatment from my local gun stores, I order a gun, call back 1 week later, Jethro forgot to actually make the order, call a week later, Jethro lost the paper where I told him the model I wanted. WTF??? Is the whole industry run by a bunch of idiots that are too lazy to even take the money offered them for their goods or services??? Is everyone just used to crappy service and expects it and is happy with it? It seems that the only places I had actually had good service from is Cheaperthandirt (as long as you know what you are ordering) and the Ammoman.
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 2:39:19 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 2:47:15 PM EDT
Hellraiser you are right about the Ammoman and Cheaper than Dirt, have received excellent service from both. Just bought 500 rounds of Amercian Eagle from the Ammoman and am so pleased with his service. As to the first part of your question, I can't really answer that although I have had similar experiences.
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 2:57:12 PM EDT
most people in general suck.
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 2:58:15 PM EDT
Originally Posted By erickm: most people in general suck.
View Quote
LOL, ain't that the truth.
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 3:01:11 PM EDT
95% percent of the folks making their living in the firearm industry are complete jerks. Your right man, most places are devoid of freindliness or customer service. I don't want them to kiss my ass, just want to be treated like a human.
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 3:05:36 PM EDT
Where did you order your sar-1 from? I'm going to be ordering a SAR-2 soon and I don't want to deal with a bunch of crap.
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 3:15:52 PM EDT
PROBABLY BEACUSE MOST GUN SHOP OWNERS ARE ASSHOLES WHO THINK THEY KNOW EVERYTHING UNDER THE SUN ABOUT GUNS AND "PULLING FFLS"!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 3:39:24 PM EDT
Silverstrand_pat reminds me of that bugs bunny cartoon where he gets told to "shut up shuttin' up already" [url] http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=58048[/url]
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 3:44:42 PM EDT
A lot of people in the industry are here because they like firearms. The margins are pretty low, and it's unlikely you'll get rich. What's more, laws tend to restrict the scale to which firearms and ammo sellers can grow. This prevents some economies of scale. OTOH, if you're selling DVDs you can potentially grow to North America scale. This tends to attract serious businessmen. You tend to see the same dynamic in retail auto sales. Franchise laws protect the territories of car dealerships, so buying a car becomes an exercise in pain and haggling. Minus franchise laws I'd expect that there would only be a few major dealers in, say, the Bay Area or near major cities. But those dealers would be relentlessly efficient.
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 3:56:04 PM EDT
i just wish ammoman would sell to me am 19 he will only ship to 21+ [:(]
Top Top