Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/4/2001 4:34:55 PM EDT
In Cook County,IL, possessing a rifle marked Colt AR-15 is illegal. Also any  rifle marked AR-15 is illegal.So,Colts are out. No AK's of any kind,either. Which AR types are not marked as such? Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 4:43:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Armalite is M15. Will that work?
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 4:45:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Like anyone has gotten busted for it.  Like any of the shops in cook county stop selling them.  
I won't tell if you won't.  [;)]
So, no ar-15 on it? Get a armilite M15A2 post ban rifle.  Rock River arms? Les Baer?  
Mak-90?  SLR-95?

Same goes for lasers on guns,
pistols in Chicago.  
Good luck.  Stay safe.

c-rock
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 4:47:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Also,
check out Village Sports, ask for Mike, 847.956.1133.  He is in Cook county, and can tell you the laws for it too.
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 4:52:42 PM EDT
[#4]
You can also check out G.A.T gun's in East Dundee. I think they have a web page also [url]www.gatguns.com[/url]
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 5:17:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, GAT doesnt matter, I dont think theyre in Cook County.  Oh well, doesnt matter.  I live in Cook County, and I know numerous people in Cook County with "AR15's" and nothing has ever happened.  My dad and I also put a laser on our Beretta...is that legal?

Oh well, frankly, I dont give a damn.
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 5:21:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Just move out of Cook County.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top