Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2001 12:09:06 PM EDT
I think knives are the least of our worries.  Pay close attention to the last paragraph of the article.  More gun control "ammo" for the Liberals.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,35708,00.html
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 12:16:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I think knives are the least of our worries.  Pay close attention to the last paragraph of the article.  More gun control "ammo" for the Liberals.

[url]http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,35708,00.html[/url]
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 2:46:14 PM EDT
[#2]
"We are not sure there is a relevant crime for him," said Dick Weatherbee, spokesman for the U.S. Attorney's Office in Denver. "It is a federal crime to take a weapon on an aircraft, but he never got on a plane."
View Quote

so technically, i should be allowed to carry my gun into the boarding area (if they were letting non-passengers into that area now) while i wait for matt's plane to land, right?   i mean, i haven't committed any crime until i walk onto the plane.   yeah, i know they do it to keep people from passing the guns off to those who are getting on the plane, but it still pisses me off.

what's wrong with the last paragraph?  i think it's something that we've all been clamoring for: harsher punishments for those who are breaking the laws already on the books.  suffice it to say, more gun laws wouldn't have stopped the guy from bringing it to the airport.  nor would it have stopped the four-time convicted felon from posessing it, since it's obvious he doesn't give a whoop about existing laws let alone any new ones.

....[b]FOUR[/b]felony convictions.  i'm kinda curious about their nature.
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 5:27:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I bet his roommate is pissed
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 8:32:21 PM EDT
[#4]
The problem with the last paragraph is that the anti-gun crew see a guy with 4 felony convictions still possessing a gun.  To them this means that the gun laws aren't strict enough, and more legislation needs to be passed!  

If I was that guy, I would have 5 felony convictions after I beat the piss out of my roommate!  [:)]
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 6:23:56 PM EDT
[#5]
[Sarcasm] Felon with a gun. Now there's something new. [/Sarcasm]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top