BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 6:03:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
So SARGUY,.. explain why you dislike the PSG-1.  
View Quote

He can't.  He's too busy posting lies about me or calling into question a person's military service as if it has anything to do with this thread.

I don't recall anyone saying "I'm a police sniper (or military sniper) who uses the PSG1 and you're wrong about X".  Nope... no one said anything like that.  But old SARguy found the need to defame me because he couldn't defend his position that the PSG1 is no more accurate than a HK91 or that it's junk compared to its peers in the market place.

He can't handle the fact that I own one and can prove him wrong.  He can't handle the fact someone else posted that they know the PSG1 to be an accurate rifle either.  Nope... his ego can't handle the truth... so he resorts to lies and hostilities in a failed effort to defend his position... as if we're all too stupid to figure out what he's up to.
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 6:07:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
DonS -

All this debate is fine and all.  I know the HK is an ok weapon.  But when the rubber meets the road in combat situations, the real boys out there aren't using PSG1's for some reason.  

View Quote

I don't recall the original poster asking what the "real boys" are using.  No, he was asking for a comparison of the M25's accuracy to the PSG1's.  He didn't ask what LAPD SWAT was using or the Navy SEALs.  Jesh.  Please try and focus.

There are civilians in this world that are interested in buying things that aren't necessarily popular with police or military personnel.  I know this way come as a shock to you, but you really must learn to accept this.

Link Posted: 10/10/2001 6:13:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
SARguy.

I believe it was not William Gunn who started the BS about Mall Ninjas on that thread, EXACT kind of fantasy bullshit stories have appeared at HK91.com and on other boards a long time ago.
View Quote

Thanks for trying to clear this up for SARguy Tuukka.  I'm sure he's purposely making these claims in an effort to defame me though.  If he stuck around on that thread until its conclusion, then he would recall that this Hudson Kane thing was resolved.  Hudson Kane, whoever he is, was a complete idiot whom I distanced myself from with his first moronic post.
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 6:17:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
This is a pretty cool thread. Everybody getting all opinionated and all. wgunn getting arogant and then SARguy calling him out. Pretty damn cool.
View Quote

Actually there wasn't anything "arogant" in my original post to SARguy.  I simply disgreed with him on a couple of points.  I also agreed with him on others.

You're just carrying around baggage from previous threads and have a chip on your shoulder regarding me.  Shallow and transparent... I'm sorry you feel like you have to act this way.  I would much rather burry the hatchet and move forward with more reasonable and friendly discussions.
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 7:14:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey wgunn,

Very seriously, I was just joking around. I really think that you take some of this stuff too seriously but that's you perogative. Sorry for the misunderstanding. It just seemed like you guys were getting into the typical AR15 shin kicking contest. I've got no chip from previous threads. The only chip I've got as I sit here is seeing the scenes to the upcoming Jet Li movie where they have again decided to grossly violate the laws of physics. Don't these idiots get it. You've got this bad ass talented martial artist and then they want to screw it up with all that Matrix-type crap. Well anyway, let's smokem peace pipe...

After reading back on the earlier stuff I do get a little irritated about people making statements about guns that they've never shot. While I'd be incline to agree about the apparent weight of the PSG and my lack of interest in carrying it for any extended distance, I'd sure like to have one. I couldn't really justify it even at a reduced price since I don't have an actual need for it. I just recently purchased an Armalite AR-10TLW and am going to be experimenting with it for a while. All these others, with the price escallation, have become cost prohibitive. But at least you don't have the recurring cost of insurance on them, like the sports cars that I also collect. That part really sucks.

[smokel]
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 8:25:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Hey wgunn,

Very seriously, I was just joking around. I really think that you take some of this stuff too seriously but that's you perogative. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
View Quote

You're probably right... I do take some things too seriously.  :)  It's hard to tell if someone is being serious when they rib ya or if they're being down right mean spirited.  Sorry for assuming the worst.  

After reading back on the earlier stuff I do get a little irritated about people making statements about guns that they've never shot. While I'd be incline to agree about the apparent weight of the PSG and my lack of interest in carrying it for any extended distance, I'd sure like to have one. I couldn't really justify it even at a reduced price since I don't have an actual need for it. I just recently purchased an Armalite AR-10TLW and am going to be experimenting with it for a while.
View Quote

You're better off with the AR10T IMHO.  The PSG1 is a great rifle and extremely fun to shoot, but it's not the end-all in tactical rifles.  It's a great range rifle and a real head turner.  Once you get used to it you do find that it's extremely consistent in its performance... but is that worth $11,000?  Nope... Get an AWP if you want to drop $5k or more... or trick out a M700 or even a AR10T for even less.

But for accuracy, the PSG1 can hold its own.  Most anyone who's owned one or shot one will agree.  Some folks don't like them after having shot them, but they are in the minority.  Others have read books or magazines and are parroting comments made by others... not forming their own educated opinion.  Some folks just hate the HK91 or have other biases.

Either way, thanks for taking the time to clear things up about your comments.  Please accept my apologies as well!

Take care,

WG
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 1:00:21 PM EDT
[#7]
So I hear a lot of people critisizing the HK-91 clones that incorporate the alloy milled reciever instead of the stamped metal type. I have a Springfield Armory SAR-8 with this type of reciever. I bought it at the time due to my long term interest in the HK-91 and some trust in the SA company.

What exactly is the downside of it or why is it percieved as an inferior design? I must say that even though it has a rather regular trigger pull and only an 18.5" barrel it still shoots pretty good for regular use.
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 7:57:48 AM EDT
[#8]
I never imagined this would ignite such a firefight.  All this opinion is great, but have any of you actually fired both and done an objective comparison of accuracy?

mattjedi[x]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top