Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2001 2:05:12 PM EDT
My brothers and I were trying to round up some ammo week before last and, of course, all were out of what we were looking for. On 9/26/01 Ammunitionstore.com had the SA .223  battlepacks listed as in stock on their web page for $38.99. When called they said they were out. I noticed today that they have it back in stock... at $45.99. I asked the guy why they increased the price. He said, "Demand, man." I bit my tounge and told him only "No thanks."

I know it is not a huge mark-up but it really pisses me of when these ammo dealers act with blind, selfish, opportunism.

Also, we were told by Classic Arms that they had PMP in stock and took our order... They then called back stating they were now out. How much you wanna bet they "get some in" and it is more expensive than before?

I do not expect them to be charities to us but a little fairness would be nice.

To any asshole who takes advantage of uncertain times in this country, "F YOU!"
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 5:09:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Ya I am putting off a few purchases because of the same thing... don't worry things will calm down and prices will come back down as well.  I just laugh at all the suckers who are impulse buying now, paying too much for everything.  Hey, maybe in a year or so they will be ready to sell all their stuff cheap on eBay hehe.
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 5:13:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 5:27:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 5:49:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I used to buy a lot of ammo from them at the shows here, but now I walk by their tables. They are usually the highest price place in the show.  At the last show, the owner had a real attitude.  Sort of like the pawn shop owners out side of a military base.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 5:54:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 5:57:26 PM EDT
[#6]
That taint nothing my friend.  The local gun rack here went from $40.00 a hit for a SA battle pack to $79.99.  The bastard was unsually happy about it and absolutely crowed that he couldn't keep it in stock at that price either, he said tommorow he would give $99.99 a try.  For a SA Battle Pack...sheesh.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top