Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2001 6:37:25 AM EDT
I have been hearing over the last week about the possibility of trucks (i.e. tractors trailers straight trucks and other large capacity road vehicles) being stolen and used in attacks due to the large storage capacity for whatever their devious little minds think up.  The thing that really bugs me about this is even though I have a ccw permit in my own state I can not cross state lines with any of my ccw guns.  If someone were to try to take a truck from a driver all he would need would be a knife considering that a driver isn't allowed to carry weapons.  I have been thinking about this for about the past week but didn't realy mull it over till the greyhound bus incident this morning.  If these drivers are such a target why shouldn't they be allowed to carry?
That plus considering that a truck is almost unlimited in the # of places it can go.  Wouldn't be any shortage of targets.  Does this not make sense or am I just nuts?

Questions comments complaints???
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 6:41:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Nope your right.I have even heard that people steal these for the stuff inside.Even before all of this started.
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 1:11:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Makes sense.

Aren't truckers still allowed to carry non-ccw guns, like rifles, shotguns and pistols so long as the current state's laws are followed.

Better to at least have access to something if it can't be immediate (ccw).

(can't spell)
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 1:26:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Makes sense.

Aren't truckers still allowed to carry non-ccw guns, like rifles, shotguns and pistols so long as the current state's laws are followed.

Better to at least have access to something if it can't be immediate (ccw).

(can't spell)
View Quote

Not to my knowledge.  Even if they would let a driver carry such a thing they would probably have some whacked out laws saying the gun has to be in the cab and the shells under the hood making such a weapon useless.  Also if a rifle or a shotgun were allowed in the truck this would not do you any good if -
    A. Are not already in the truck
       1. Common when at a truckstop for fuel
       2. common when eating at a truckstop or restaurant
    B. sleeping in the sleeper and are attacked by someone who has already made their way into the truck
There is also not much of an element of suprise pulling out a shotgun.  Then you also run the risk of if the truck is stolen that you rifle and/or shotgun goes with it.  Unless of course it has a trigger lock on also rendering it useless in a hurry.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 6:28:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Judged by 12 or carried by 6. Get ready for some new laws as people start making up their own. I already have!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top