Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/3/2001 6:08:36 AM EDT
This is not too far from me, and I got to say one thing. I got them beat!  
That is no stockpile.  This is a stockpile!  [;)]

I like how they talk about the assualt rifle, but what kind is it?  2500 rounds?  Those blow-darts are deadly.  
c-rock

http://www.dailyherald.com/cook/main_story.asp?intID=37167167
Couple jailed on weapons charges
By David R. Kazak Daily Herald Legal Affairs Writer
Posted on October 03, 2001
A married Streamwood couple were ordered jailed on $250,000 bonds on numerous weapons charges Tuesday after police found a stockpile of guns in their home after a weekend standoff.

Darlene Pedersen, 49, of 1807 Quaker Hollow Lane, is accused of gun running. Prosecutors said she illegally bought the weapons for her husband, Lawrence Pedersen, 50, who is barred from owning guns because of a similar standoff with Streamwood police in 1997.

Lawrence Pedersen is charged with unlawful possession of firearms and ammunition, possessing a firearm with a revoked firearm owners identification card and aggravated assault.

Cook County Judge Karen Thompson Tobin ordered each held on $250,000 bonds, and as of late Tuesday both remained in custody. Each needs to post $25,000 in cash to be freed pending trial.

Streamwood police went to the home Sunday after a friend of the couple reported that Lawrence Pedersen had pointed a gun at him, authorities said. As officers arrived, they spotted Pedersen with an assault rifle slung over his shoulder, police said.

Pedersen held police at bay for 40 minutes before he and his wife surrendered, prosecutors said. In the couple's home, police found four handguns, an assault rifle, a grenade fuse kit, a blow dart, a cross-bow with 11 arrows, two gas masks, two Kevlar body armor vests, and more than 2,500 rounds of ammunition.

Pedersen has held police at bay before. In 1997, he was convicted of misdemeanor disorderly conduct, a charge stemming from an 8¨-hour standoff at the same home that was sparked by a domestic dispute, police said.

That incident - which led to the displacement of 20 neighbors and the closing of surrounding streets - landed Lawrence Pedersen in a psychiatric hospital, Cook County Assistant State's Attorney Scott Biestek said.

Police said Darlene Pedersen knew her husband couldn't own guns after that incident, but nevertheless bought the stockpile for him.
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 6:17:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Wow! 11 arrows AND a blow-gun!

Link Posted: 10/3/2001 6:24:38 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm surprised it wasn't an "illegally converted
fully automatic assault blow gun."
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 6:34:36 AM EDT
[#3]
And WHY couldn't he possess firearms???

He was convicted of a misdemeanor and sent to a mental hopspital. Neither of those items should preempt his constitional right to bear arms.

Am I missing something???

What is the wording of the mentally ill question on the federal form?
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 6:43:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
And WHY couldn't he possess firearms???

He was convicted of a misdemeanor and sent to a mental hopspital. Neither of those items should preempt his constitional right to bear arms.

Am I missing something???

What is the wording of the mentally ill question on the federal form?
View Quote

Would you want him as a neighbor?
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 6:56:39 AM EDT
[#5]
2,500 rounds?  [size=6][b]Lightweight[/b][/size=6]
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 7:19:23 AM EDT
[#6]
This guy was involved in a stand-off with police in 1997? As in "armed"?.... a violent guy, I guess, and a felon. Why the heck wasn't he in jail??

Incredulous minds want to know....
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 7:33:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
[url]http://www.dailyherald.com/cook/main_story.asp?intID=37167167[/url]

Pedersen held police at bay for 40 minutes before he and his wife surrendered, prosecutors said. In the couple's home, police found four handguns, an assault rifle, a grenade fuse kit, a blow dart, a cross-bow with 11 arrows, two gas masks, two Kevlar body armor vests, and more than 2,500 rounds of ammunition.

View Quote

That's a stockpile huh? Thank goodness I sold one of my Glocks. I am now below the 4 handgun stockpile rule.
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 7:54:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Remember guys, this is nearby Chicago.  If I got into trouble, I be on the nightly news!
c-rock
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 8:01:15 AM EDT
[#9]
That is a [size=3]HUGE[/size=3] stockpile....whatever!

Notice that the article said blow-dart...no gun...maybe he planned on taking an old Bic pen and shooting it like you would a spit-wad....come on..hehehe

medcop
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top