Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/3/2001 1:19:35 AM EDT
Playing in my DVD player.

Finally out in stores.

Took damm long enough.

Anyone up for a "Phase Plasma Rifle" in the 40watt range?

Link Posted: 10/3/2001 1:22:07 AM EDT
[#1]
How is it in DVD. I have T2, it is great on DVD, guess I will have to get the original also.[:D]
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 1:42:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
How is it in DVD. I have T2, it is great on DVD, guess I will have to get the original also.[:D]
View Quote

The menu is almost the same as T2 with all those cyborg faces.

Unlike some letterbox movies, this "Terminator" occupies pretty much of the screen.  Unless you have a super widescreen then it wouldn't matter.

Totally digtally remastered from a HI-DEFINITION TRANSFER.  Whatever the hell that means, but the quality looks as good as T2 on DVD.

Also, new State-Of-The-Art 5.1 Stereo remix.

Documentaries, interviews, all that other stuff.  I'll watch that later, time to watch Terminator kick ass!
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 1:43:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Good, while you are watching maybe you can explain something.

When Reese shoots the Terminator in the disco, shotgun blasts knock it down, but during the police station attack the same weapon has little effect.[>:/]

Link Posted: 10/3/2001 1:51:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

When Reese shoots the Terminator in the disco, shotgun blasts knock it down, but during the police station attack the same weapon has little effect.[>:/]

View Quote

I'll let you know in a few minutes, Sarah just went into the disco...
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 1:58:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

Reese took five consecutive shots to knock down Terminator.

Terminator get's mad and opens up with "high-powered semi-automatic full auto assault weapon submachine gun" fire from his UZI smg.
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 2:07:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Ulysse_Nardin_1846

Terminator get's mad and opens up with "high-powered semi-automatic full auto assault weapon submachine gun" fire from his UZI smg.
View Quote

Now watch later all the firepower unleashed at the police station when the Terminator attacks there.  See if you note the difference.
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 2:14:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Originally Posted By Ulysse_Nardin_1846

View Quote

Now watch later all the firepower unleashed at the police station when the Terminator attacks there.  See if you note the difference.
View Quote

In about five minutes, Terminator will unleash hell on the PD.
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 2:27:51 AM EDT
[#8]
"I'll be back..."

Ok- Looks like Terminator is armed with an AR180 and SPAS12.

The cops got the AR's out.

AR fire has no affect on Terminator.

Kinda looks like Terminator was doing a majority of the shooting.  He got hit a few times with an AR15 and some handgun rounds.  

One guy was pointing a shotgun at Terminator, but he got blown away before he fired.

I'm watching that chapter again...
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 5:14:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Unlike some letterbox movies, this "Terminator" occupies pretty much of the screen.  Unless you have a super widescreen then it wouldn't matter.

Totally digtally remastered from a HI-DEFINITION TRANSFER.  Whatever the hell that means, but the quality looks as good as T2 on DVD.

Documentaries, interviews, all that other stuff.  I'll watch that later, time to watch Terminator kick ass!
View Quote

You aren't one of those "Fill my screen up with the picture" people are you? Widescreen is soooo much better than pan and scan. I wish EVERYTHING was in widescreen.

To see the difference between widescreen and pan-and-scan goto:
[url]http://www.thedigitalbits.com/articles/anamorphic/aspectratios/widescreenorama2.html[/url]

With pictures for those that don't care about all the technical jargon.

Av.
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 7:31:23 AM EDT
[#10]
I wonder if he means a different wide screen ratio.  I remember on laser disc they used to make different wide screen aspect ratios.  How does the movie sound?  The soundtrack was orginally made in mono.  Does the dolby digital make any difference and how do they change a mono source to sound good in stereo?  I have some older movies with dolby digital and am not impressed with the sound quality compared to later movies.
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 9:36:42 AM EDT
[#11]
wtf ive had terminator for a while on dvd and its not some hong kong bootleg either

bought it it costco a couple years ago came with both movies
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 10:16:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Gotta love that evil AR18 . . . !
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 10:39:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
wtf ive had terminator for a while on dvd and its not some hong kong bootleg either

View Quote

This edition is much better! Anamorphic widescreen, 5.1 DD audio, and a slew of extras. The version you have came out a few years ago, replace it NOW because the studios want your money! [:D]

Av.

Link Posted: 10/3/2001 11:19:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Eagerly awaiting the T2 ultimate edition in region 2 over here. 5.1DTS track and lots of extra's

Kuiper
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 2:14:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

You aren't one of those "Fill my screen up with the picture" people are you? Widescreen is soooo much better than pan and scan. I wish EVERYTHING was in widescreen.

To see the difference between widescreen and pan-and-scan goto:
[url]http://www.thedigitalbits.com/articles/anamorphic/aspectratios/widescreenorama2.html[/url]

With pictures for those that don't care about all the technical jargon.

Av.
View Quote

Nope, actually I prefer to watch letterbox versions.  Just surprised by the ratio.  It fills up about 80% of the screen.

But I do want one of those super widescreen tv's though.
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 2:22:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Amazon always said it wasn't released yet????

Damm Costco is in bed with the HK bootleggers?

Edited for rare typo.
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 2:54:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I wonder if he means a different wide screen ratio.  I remember on laser disc they used to make different wide screen aspect ratios.  How does the movie sound?  The soundtrack was orginally made in mono.  Does the dolby digital make any difference and how do they change a mono source to sound good in stereo?  I have some older movies with dolby digital and am not impressed with the sound quality compared to later movies.
View Quote

This is what the box says: 16:9 WIDESCREEN 1.85:1.    

I don't know about all that audio techie stereo remixing stuff, but it does sound pretty good coming from a 1984 movie!

The DVD also includes the original mono audio track.
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 2:57:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Does your Terminator say "Special Edition"?
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 2:59:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Gotta love that evil AR18 . . . !
View Quote

Ya he sure knew how to use it.
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 3:07:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Eagerly awaiting the T2 ultimate edition in region 2 over here. 5.1DTS track and lots of extra's

Kuiper
View Quote

I have that over here in Region 1 and it is one of my favorite  and best sounding DVD's.

The scenes that were cut out are pretty cool.  Two complete versions reside on the DVD.

Hell, I didn't even watch all the extra stuff yet.  Over six hours of content.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top