Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2007 3:56:28 PM EDT
I was looking around for some cargo style pants (and shorts) to carry two spare pistol mags in since I hate carrying a dual mag holder on my hip for CCW.

Kinda hard to find pictures on the net showing specific features of the different pants out there.

5.11's only have one pistol mag pouch.  I'd like two.

Other two tactical brand pants I've found are:

MP-TAC Tactical Trousers
SigTac® Tactical Pants

But I'd like to know for sure one of them has two dedicate pistol mag pouches.

What says ARFCOM, any opinions, expirence, pics even...
Link Posted: 4/27/2007 4:02:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/27/2007 4:20:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Woolrich makes a line of tactical clothing that I've heard good things about. Haven't used them myself.
Link Posted: 4/27/2007 4:29:52 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Walking (or running) around with pistol mags in your cargo pocket is a PIA.  They'll knock about, bump the side of your knee, etc.  Ammo pouches (spare mag holders) are the smart way to carry.  

Good luck.

Which is why I wanted some pants with dedicated mag pouches, rather than just chucking them in cargo pockets where they can slide around.
Link Posted: 4/27/2007 4:46:16 PM EDT
[#4]
height=8
Quoted:
Woolrich makes a line of tactical clothing that I've heard good things about. Haven't used them myself.

I give a big thumbs up to the Woolrich pants. Very well made and durable with a small pocket for a mag on each leg above the cargo pocket.
Link Posted: 4/27/2007 4:49:32 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I give a big thumbs up to the Woolrich pants. Very well made and durable with a small pocket for a mag on each leg above the cargo pocket.

The regular Woolrich pants are well made but very heavy compared to 5.11. They're good winter pants for my climate but too hot for summer. Their lightweight pants are OK but they use ripstop fabric and look too much like fatigues for office work.
Link Posted: 4/27/2007 4:53:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Tad Gear Pants, either their Force 10's or Legioneers
Woolrich

Sig tac pants do not have "mag" pockets aka 511.  But they do have small pockets inside the cargo pockets

Link Posted: 4/27/2007 4:55:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/27/2007 5:43:09 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Walking (or running) around with pistol mags in your cargo pocket is a PIA.  They'll knock about, bump the side of your knee, etc.  Ammo pouches (spare mag holders) are the smart way to carry.  

Good luck.

Which is why I wanted some pants with dedicated mag pouches, rather than just chucking them in cargo pockets where they can slide around.

Unless they're strapped to your leg, they're going to knock around when you move.   But don't take my word for it, buy some pants with little side pockets and stow your mags in them.  You can see for yourself.

I've worn paramedic pants for years after I left the Army.  They have pockets all over them.  Their contents still bounce around when you move.  I'm sure you'll find out for yourself though.

Either way, it won't be a waste of money - tactical pants are handy.  I'm sure you'll get plenty of use out of them.  

Well its for CCW so I'm not going to be running around unless I need to.  Mainly to be able to ditch the spare mag carrier on the hip so I can wear lighter shirts since its summer.
Link Posted: 4/27/2007 6:32:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/27/2007 6:34:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/27/2007 6:36:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Tactical pants?
Link Posted: 4/27/2007 6:38:46 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Tactical pants?

well yeah.    

you wear overalls to the range ?  
Link Posted: 4/27/2007 6:46:16 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Tactical pants?

well yeah.    

you wear overalls to the range ?  

I wear a carbon fiber tactical thong.

Want pics?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top