Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2001 9:10:36 AM EDT
Does the military still use flame throwers?

Are there any surplus kits out there?( joke)
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 9:31:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 9:36:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Does anyone know how much these sell for and where you would get one??
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 9:51:44 AM EDT
[#3]
They might have some for sale at Knob Creek.

Hmm, not a firearm or DD.  Wonder if I can take one on board my next plane flight.  Uhh, probably not.  [:D][pyro]
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 9:59:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Sounds good to me, going to have to pick up a couple.
Ice
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 11:39:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Anyone remember the movie, DC_Cab.  Kristopherson lights his fire place with one.
To Funny

Ben
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 11:59:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Yep, Flamethrowers are considered a "agricultural impliment" and are not regulated. Can even be sent through the mail as long as they are empty.

You do have to ask yourself, "why" unless you really do have agricultural work to do. They are really short ranged, and if someone puts a bullet in it you go up like a torch.  

They were replaced in the 1960's by the M202 FLASH 4barrel 66mm rocket launcher, firing thermite rockets.  No one likes using them either cause the thermite in the rockets ignites in contact with air. If a bullet hits one, you still go up like a torch, same as with the M14 Thermite hand grenade.  I have never seen a photo or a report of a M202 being used in combat, ever.  Anyone else?

[url]http://www.adtdl.army.mil/cgi-bin/atdl.dll/tc/23-2/toc23-2.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 12:06:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 12:07:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Well with the way the terrain is in Afganistan, it might not be a bad idea to shoot some fire down in those caves. I just have always liked em cause it's fire, fire, fire!!!! Ok, deep breath. I have an address around here somewhere of a guy who will make you a little carry unit. A lot smaller and easier to hide with? I was thinking of it myself, if for no other reason than the fire, fire.......here's the address:http://www.zianet.com/paulsplans/page4.htm  Enjoy:)
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 2:44:55 PM EDT
[#9]
I have seen soviet surplus flamethrowers available for a few hundred (although that was awhile back.

The big problem with them is they took Soviet batteries that were not available in the states. I bet that a decent electrician could make something happen, though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top