Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/1/2001 8:41:24 AM EDT
Since SC just legalized Class III, I am faced with a WHILE NEW set of dilemmas.

While I don't think I wanna chunk the cash for full auto, I DO think I wanna get a semi-auto SBR. I'd also like to leave myself open for a silencer.

Now, should I get a 11" or a 14.5" AR upper???

Link Posted: 10/1/2001 8:55:42 AM EDT
[#1]
14.5 would be better for all around but 11' with suppressor would be sweet. those 11" inch realy bark and throw flame without a suppressor.I'd go with Gemtech suppressor.
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 8:14:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Why not just get a shorter (10"?) threaded barrel?  If you want a 11.5", just screw on a vortex or phantom.  If you want a 14.5", just screw on your CAR-type-suppressor look-a-like.

If you want BIG balls-o-flame, just take it all off and blast away!  [:D]

Mike
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 12:56:28 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a 14.5" Colt. It is light, easy to swing around and have had no gas tube related malfunctions that are common with shorter barrels. It is also not an ear splitting experience when fired.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top