Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2001 8:39:39 AM EDT
Difference between A mod and B mod??Thanks
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 8:54:40 AM EDT
Model A's fire from a open bolt, after ATF said they were too easy to convert to full auto, they were redesigned to a closed bolt semi. Model A are rather rare and sometimes fetch more money than registered full autos.
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 10:00:08 AM EDT
Sorry, but not quite. Model As also shoots from a closed bolt like the Bs but the Bs have sites that are little more refined. If I recall there is also something else but it escapes me at the time. As and Bs can be found for around $1000 with factory acces. BrenLover
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 1:25:43 PM EDT
I don't recall "A's" being open bolt. The first "A" types (if I understand correctly) had the lip still on the bolt face similar to the SMG, then removed. The "B" model has a different front sight than the "A", but are basically the same other than that. This is my "B" Model SBR w/AWC MK-9.........[img]http://communities.msn.com/_Secure/0KwAgAOkMIQJ4z6Q0liEG0HYmdA7j8cDKkeB0bwSudf4T­cO5V13k0LKGk9dAlWcumRkeOCU9d!I8/MVC-016F.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 8:10:46 PM EDT
Hmm. Here it is from the mouth of a [former [:(]] Model A owner..... There are THREE versions of Model A's in the country. The first (and rarest) is an open bolt version. I've never seen one, and I've not found pictures of them anywhere. But, I read in a published book (Paladin's Press had it and no-I-don't-remember-the-d*mn-title-or-author) that a few got in but the ATF quickly closed the door on them. The second and third are nearly exactly alike except for a minor bolt difference. Action Arms noted that many were being converted to fully automatic easily. To make the conversions less reliable, they milled off the bottom part of the rim where the bullet was caught and held on the bolt face. This didn't harm semi function but really screwed up full auto fire. All Model A UZI's use original uzi smg sites and only have a 2-3" notch that fits into the bolt. Model B's have a notch that runs the length of the receiver and have redesigned sites that are made for a carbine with a 16" barrel. (UZI SMG sites are for SMG length barrels.) PLUS, they redesigned the bolt. I've got pics of both A and B bolts laying around here somewhere.....
Top Top