Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/1/2001 7:26:30 AM EDT
Hello,

I know that there are members here on the boards that also own a Blaser R93 rifle.

Personally I have the R93 CISM matchrifle, which basically is a R93 Tactical with matchsights. I'd like to get in touch with R93 owners to discuss the pro's, cons and/or quirks of these rifles. As an act of good faith I'll show you mine first....
[img]http://wsphotofews.excite.com/029/Tb/pR/eE/EJ71707.jpg[/img]
Thanks,
RG.nl
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 11:50:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 11:55:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Is the red x some new kind of sight picture?
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 7:49:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I hope the pic is showing now?

RG.nl
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 1:36:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Very accurate but accessories are expensive just like any highend bolt guns. Here is mine, hope the pictures work.
[img]http://pic3.picturetrail.com/VOL25/130525/231217/1838016.ptp[/img]

[img]http://pic3.picturetrail.com/VOL25/130525/231217/1860118.ptp[/img]
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 1:55:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Hi ASR,

Thanks for replying. Althought my pic is a bit dark, it seems that we have the same base-rifle.

One of the things I have been struggling with is the matchtrigger. The documentation I got wit the rifle are for a LRS2 trigger, which apperently is different.

My double-stage trigger has two normal screws and two small allan screws to adjust 1st stage weight, 2nd stage weight, take-up and overtravel. Through experimenting I found out which is which, but what I'd like to know is:
Do you have the same trigger-type? And do you have appropriate documentation for it?

BTW, Compliments on your rifle, looks very well maintained for a rifle that you have had for a few years already. How much do you use it? And, that's a great group in your post, that was factory ammo I suppose? do you also reload for it? My rifle reacted especially well to Lapua 168 Scenar bullets pushed by 42.0 Vitha N140 in prepped Lapua brass and with a CCI BR primer. That groups under .5 MOA consistently (5 shot groups at 100 meters using the matchsights from the bench).

Thanks again,
RG.nl
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 2:19:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Bollock,

I bought my rifle almost 2 years ago and I probably fired less than 200 rounds of factory match ammo so I don't shoot it that much. Have other rifles and pistols but not too much time to shoot all of them.

I barely started reloading, only pistol rounds so far but getting ready to do 308 Win..
My rifle is the first model which is the R93 LRS and I have not done any adjustments on my rifle since I bought it. The trigger is still factory setting. The papers I have are the ones that came w/ the gun which is for the R93LRS since LRS2 came out a year later.

"NLD"? Are you from Europe? How do you like the match sights,how much do they go for and will they fit my rifle without gunsmithing? They look great on your gun. I wonder if you can share some reloading recipes.

ASR

Link Posted: 10/2/2001 3:04:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks ASR,

Yes, you're right. I'm living Holland, Europe. Amsterdam to be exact.

The matchsights are sold as a set, which includes an Anschutz diopter and Feinwerkbau tunnel frontsight (I installed an adjustable frontsight in it so I can play with the diameter of the globe). All necessary items for mounting are included, no gunsmithing is required. The diopter-mount is installed using the three allan-screw holes on the sides of you receiver. The diopter is mounted on a blooptube (barrelextension) which clamps itself around the barrel. But I don't know about the price...we pay roughly $600 US for the set.

One thing that is interesting is the fact that the sights are placed a little off-center. To the left in my case (i'm right-handed). This is to correct for any canting that might be necessary with conventional, centered sights. This is especially helpfull in the prone postion!

Here you hopefully see what I mean.
[img]http://wsphotofews.excite.com/035/cz/AA/fy/xc72644.jpg[/img]
[img]http://wsphotofews.excite.com/033/7b/6S/cm/EX73826.jpg[/img]

Cheers,
RG.nl
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 9:41:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Bollocks,

Forgot to say that you shoot pretty good w/ the match sights if you can shoot .5 moa (5 shots at 100 meters).

The pictures helped, I can see the location of the sights. The only gun I shot w/ scope mounted the same way is a Galil ARM. I wonder if those sights are ambidextrous since I am left handed.

BTW, You have a good taste in weapons. I love the Black Steyr AUG but due to the ban here in the U.S. they are no longer imported but then again being a southpaw can't really shoot it without conversion. Just curious what brand is that AR15 type that you have?

Thanks,

ASR

Link Posted: 10/2/2001 10:19:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the compliments ASR!

What has always amazed me is that with good iron sights you can (nearly) equal groups produced when using a scope. Of course it takes more effort and an target of appropriate size to focus on (like a normal 100 meters target). If the target becomes to small than the scope has the edge (in my experience).

When you decide to get a match-components I think you have to order a lefties set. The diopter mount is universal but the frontsight/blooptube is not.But then there is the issue of the bolt, yours looks like a right hand one. That means that you also would need a lefties boltcarrier.

To answer your question, the AR is a BM upper (10 inch barrel) mated to a Colt lower. I guess that makes it a BushColt?

I hope I can please you in the future also when I post pics of my new SIG 510 AMT.

Cheers,
RG.nl
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 12:46:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I hope I can please you in the future also when I post pics of my new SIG 510 AMT.

View Quote

I don't think not just me but all of the people here will be and it is nice for fellow gun enthusiasts sharing informations and experiences. It seems like that Amsterdam is gun friendly place to be able to acquire these cool toys.

You are right, I need to get a left hand bolt as well in order to install the rear sight.

Regards,

ASR
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top