Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 1:31:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Heheh... There is a range near me that will not allow you to use any sort of human silouette target.

Asked one of the RO's why and got the same response Idaho-ar15 did. "Promotes killing."

They also only allow one round at a time in all centerfire rifles, and 5 rounds in a rimfire and handgun.

Sucks ass....

Av.
View Quote

Exact same thing at the public range I go to.
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 5:31:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I hear that in Massachusetts they prohibit human sillouette targets. .
View Quote

News to me. Oh, you mean they are prohibited at ranges that are certified by the Mass. State Police? Well, last I knew, there are no state-certified ranges. Who needs more govt. regulation, so nobody has applied for certification. At the ranges I shoot at, there are quite a few silhouette targets, as well as hostage pics, bin-Laden pix, etc.

Yes, I have heard grumblings from the old geezer hunters at one club about the targets but my response is, "Well, call the state yourself, and inform on another gun owner, Herr Goebbels." That usually shuts them up.

Some puckish shooters sued for their right to shoot Hitler targets on first amendment grounds in response.
View Quote

Again, only applies to the theoretical state-certified ranges. Some others might be afraid of bad PR, but I think that's changing after Sept. 11. People have more important things to worry about now.

Of course, the BBC interview with the spokesman from the Gun Owners' Action League during the suit was classic. Even the BBC interviewer said, "Well, who WOULDN'T want to shoot at a picture of Adolf Hitler?"

Join GOAL- NOW!
www.goal.org
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 5:40:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Heh,

I took my mother out (she wanted to shoot a pistol, used to shoot a 30-06 when she was young), and got a couple of silouette targets.  Put one out at 7 meters, and watched her shoot.

Now, my mother is a nurse of over 30 years, and exclaimed after her first shot that she had gotten the aorta.  Then (in her own words), she went and removed the 'gentleman's' gallbladder, left and right kidneys, and finally resected his bowels.  Kind of a funny commentary that had a couple of the shooters right next to us cracking up.

Link Posted: 10/2/2001 6:01:15 AM EDT
[#4]
crookshanks, a left handed FAL would be awesome, as well as a belt fed model as well. I doubt right handed people really understand how much of the world has been tailored towards them.

idaho-ar15
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 6:05:15 AM EDT
[#5]
idaho-ar15 - oh i know and believe me i'm happy about it :)
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top