Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/30/2001 7:09:25 PM EDT
At the fun show today I saw a dealer selling an ak, listed as a 'maadi with pre-ban features' for $480. Isn't this a little low for a pre-ban ak? Or maybe this guy is full of it. I don't know enough about maadi's to identify them in any detail. Any info would be appreciated. PS: My breasts would [b]not[/b] be too large to preclude me from operating this rifle.
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 7:21:51 PM EDT
Schnacke, What the dealer was selling was a post ban MAADI with enough US parts (hopefully) to have the pistol grip (the "pre-ban feature"). Unless the MAADI says "Imported by Steyr, Secaucus, NJ" it is a post ban gun. There are the US parts MAADI and the thumbhole MAADI guns (which are not bad guns--the SAR's may be a little better, but are not up to the quality of a Yugo, Hungarian or Legend). SAR's--$270 MAADI's--$250 Pre-ban Guns-- Norinco $800 Legend $1000 Hungarian $1100 Steyr MAADI $1200 Yugo $1600 So, he was overcharging for the post ban MAADI (unless it did say Steyr, then you should be kicking yourself for not buying it and turning $800 profit).
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 7:40:07 PM EDT
I think the giveaway would be the 'pre-ban features' phrase used by the dealer. AKs are such a troublesome subject when it comes to determining whether a particular weapon is lawful or not. 'Course then so are ARs for that matter! Pretty pointless laws, but if you get caught on the wrong side.... Eric The(Wary)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 7:45:59 PM EDT
Top Top