Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2001 5:02:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/30/2001 5:03:33 PM EDT by HBAR]
Just saw one today at the gun show. Must be brand new. I haven't seen or read anything about them. Anyone else know anything about them? It seemed to have a good finish, and low mount sight beavertail, don't recall if the mag well was flared or not. I think it was a little over $500. [bounce]
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 5:58:05 PM EDT
I just purchased 1 of the "Minors". So far I am pleased. [url]www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=56141[/url] What was the model you were looking at? Received 2 Nice Long letters from the President of NYI, the company that owns DW. Only time will tell but, see above. Del[:)]
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 6:00:58 PM EDT
Recent edition of Combat Handguns has a good review of the model "7" for $999, that helped influence my decision somewhat.
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 6:41:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/30/2001 6:41:06 PM EDT by CounterStrike]
This coming week I will be getting a Dan Wesson 1911. After reading Delmarksman first post I had also contacted DW firearms by e-mail. I got a short response from the Bob Serva the president, but a request to call him (I should add I'm located 30 min from the factory). Anyway by the time the conversation was over he had talked me into buying a pointman. I will hopefully have it in my hands by next week, and I will be sure to let you guys know what its like. The impression I get is that the only problem with these guns is that they can't make them fast enough. To get personal service like I did I will be happy to spend my money with DW. CS
Top Top