Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/30/2001 5:02:09 PM EDT
Just saw one today at the gun show.  Must be brand new.  I haven't seen or read anything about them.  Anyone else know anything about them?  It seemed to have a good finish, and low mount sight beavertail, don't recall if the mag well was flared or not.  I think it was a little over $500. [bounce]
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 5:58:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I just purchased 1 of the "Minors".
So far I am pleased.
[url]www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=56141[/url]

What was the model you were looking at?

Received 2 Nice Long letters from the President
of NYI, the company that owns DW.

Only time will tell  but, see above.

Del[:)]
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 6:00:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Recent edition of Combat Handguns has a good review of the model "7" for $999, that helped influence my decision somewhat.
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 6:41:30 PM EDT
[#3]
This coming week I will be getting a Dan Wesson 1911.  After reading Delmarksman first post I had also contacted DW firearms by e-mail.  I got a short response from the Bob Serva the president, but a request to call him (I should add I'm located 30 min from the factory).  

Anyway by the time the conversation was over he had talked me into buying a pointman.  I will hopefully have it in my hands by next week, and I will be sure to let you guys know what its like.

The impression I get is that the only problem with these guns is that they can't make them fast enough.  To get personal service like I did I will be happy to spend my money with DW.  

CS
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top