Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2001 4:51:04 PM EDT
Subject: BUSINESS PROPOSAL Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 FAX: 234-1-7596640 TEL: 234-1-7598163 DEAR SIR, I AM MAKING THIS CONTACT WITH YOU BECAUSE OF THE RELIABLE INFORMATION WE GATHERED FROM THE FOREIGN TRADE OFFICE OF THE NATIONAL CHAMBER OF COMMERCE AND INDUSTRY HIGHLIGHTING YOUR COMPANY'S PROFILE. THE INFORMATION IS SO POSITIVE AS TO CONVINCE US THAT YOU WILL BE CAPABLE TO PROVIDE US WITH A SOLUTION TO A MONEY TRANSFER TRANSACTION. WE ARE MEMBERS OF THE ' CONTRACT AWARD AND MONITORING COMMITEE' (CAMC) OF THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT OF NIGERIA. THIS COMMITTEE IS PRINCIPALLY CONCERNED WITH CONTRACTS APPRAISAL AND APPROVAL IN ORDER OF PRIORITIES AS REGARDS CAPITAL PROJECTS OF THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT. WITH OUR POSITIONS, WE HAVE SUCCESSFULLY SECURED FOR OURSELVES THE SUM OF FORTY- ONE MILLION, FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND UNITED STATES DOLLARS (US$41.5M). THIS AMOUNT WAS ACCUMULATED THROUGH DELIBERATE OVER-ESTIMATION/OVER-INVOICING OF PROJECTS AWARDED BY MY COMMITTEE. THE RELEVANT PROJECTS WERE PROPERLY EXECUTED TO SATISIFACTION AND PAYMENTS HAVE SINCE BEEN MADE. NOW THE US$ 41.5MILLION IS LEFT REMAINING IN AN ESCROW ACCOUNT WITH THE UNION BANK OF SWITZERLAND, ZURICH. HENCE, TOGETHER WITH SOME TOP OFFICIALS OF THE FEDERAL MINISTRY OF FINANCE AND THE CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA, WE PLAN TO TRANSFER THE MONEY INTO AN ACCOUNT, TO THIS EFFECT, WE DECIDED TO CONTACT YOU AND ASK FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE. WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU SIR, IS TO PROVIDE A VERY VITAL ACCOUNT INTO WHICH THE FUNDS WILL BE TRANSFERRED BECAUSE GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS ARE NOT ALLOWED BY OUR LAWS TO OPERATE FOREIGN ACCOUNT. MY COLLEAGUES AND I HAVE AGREED TO COMPENSATE THE OWNER OF THIS ACCOUNT USED FOR THIS TRANSACTION WITH 30% OF THE TOTAL AMOUNT REMITTED, WE SHALL KEEP 60%, THE REMAINING 10% IS RESERVED FOR MISCELANEOUS EXPENSES. WE WANT AN ASSURANCE THAT YOU WILL NOT BETRAY US AND THAT YOU WILL DISBURSE OUR SHARE IF THE US$41.5MILLION IS TRANSFERRED INTO YOUR ACCOUNT.IF YOU CAN PROVE YOURSELF TO BE TRUSTED AND INTERESTED IN THIS DEALTHEN WE ARE PREPARED TO DO BUSINESS WITH YOU. PLEASE BE INFORMED THAT THE PERSONALITIES INVOLVED IN THIS TRANSACTION ARE TOP AND INFLUENTIAL GOVERNMENT FUNCTIONARIES WHO WOULD NOT LIKE ANY FORM OF EXPOSURE AND AS SUCH WOULD WANT YOU TO KEEP THIS BUSINESS TOP SECRET AND CONFIDENTIAL. BE REST ASSURED THAT THIS TRANSACTION IS 100% RISKFREE. IF THIS PROPOSAL SATISFIES YOU PLEASE RESPOND SO WE CAN DISCUSS ABOUT THE PROCESS. ALL MODALITIES OF THE TRANSFER HAS BEEN WORKED OUT AND ONCE STARTED WILL NOT TAKE MORE THAN TEN WORKING DAYS TO CONCLUDE. CONTACT ME AT : ericsanders@fgn.buzon.as OR camc@fgn.buzon.as YOUR QUICK RESPONSE WILL BE HIGHLY APPRECIATED. YOURS FAITHFULLY, DR. ERIC SANDERS. [<]:)] [):)]
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 5:02:32 PM EDT
I got one of those about 2 months ago. I replied to the address and told him that I was American, Southern, Male, Conservative. I'm already rich in my opinion.
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 5:11:19 PM EDT
HAHAHA shit thats a hilarious scam. Did they send it to you randomly?
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 5:21:52 PM EDT
Originally Posted By BCBUD: Did they send it to you randomly?
View Quote
I assume that's the case, since I have no idea what "company" they are referring to, lol [sex]
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 5:37:19 PM EDT
BIG SCAM!!!! was at a seminar recently where Secret Service agents described this exact scam. If people bite they then ask for a few thousand dollars for the necessary paper work to transfer the money to you then continue to string you along with snags and need for more of your money. The agents even described a case where someone lost about $70,000, then a few months later was contacted by another group who said the were trying to help all the people mislead by the first group and lost even more money.
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 6:06:16 PM EDT
I emailed the guy, i'm gonna pretend to be a sheep just to fuck with the guy.
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 12:17:52 AM EDT
Damm, that's a lot of money. Sounds like the entire GNP of Nigeria!
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 12:24:52 AM EDT
I got the same thing awhile back. I replied asking them to send me $10,000 as good faith money, so I'd know they were on the "up and up". Still waiting.
Top Top