Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2001 9:51:13 AM EDT
Any good sites out there with step by step and possibly photos of the disassembly of a M1s90?  

I'd like to take my new (used) Benelli apart and give it a nice cleaning.
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 11:50:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Go to Benelli Italy's site at [url]www.benelli.it[/url].

After you get in, there should be a link on the far right titled, "customer service."  Click on that link, and there should be another titled, "owner's manuals."  The M1/S90 manual should be there.

The instructions are basically for a postban model with no pistol grip and no extended tube, but the disassembly for a pre-ban model with either or both features shouldn't be too different.  Anyhow, if there's something you can't figure out, let me know and I should be able to help.  
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 12:01:46 PM EDT
[#2]
A site had some Benelli manuals in the easier to read PDF format, but I can't find the address right now.  Still looking.
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 12:52:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks SOG.  I was looking at Benelliusa.com and couldn't find anything useful.  This is better.

Lazyshooter, let me know if you find the PDF's.

Link Posted: 9/30/2001 3:21:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

After you get in, there should be a link on the far right titled, "customer service."  Click on that link, and there should be another titled, "owner's manuals."  The M1/S90 manual should be there.

The instructions are basically for a postban model with no pistol grip and no extended tube, but the disassembly for a pre-ban model with either or both features shouldn't be too different.  Anyhow, if there's something you can't figure out, let me know and I should be able to help.  
View Quote

Post bans have pistol grips, without mag tube (8 round). you can put the 8 round tube on a conventional stock. Its a either or thing.
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 6:26:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Post bans have pistol grips, without mag tube (8 round). you can put the 8 round tube on a conventional stock. Its a either or thing.
View Quote

You're right.  I wasn't clear about what I said.  What I meant was that the pictures in the manual showed the disassembly process for an M1 with no pistol grip stock and no extended tube.  Also, if you happen to have a pre-ban, you can fit a ninth round on the carrier.

Link Posted: 9/30/2001 11:46:08 PM EDT
[#6]
If you have an eXtended mag tube, I suggest you place a sock around the barrel and wear goggles.

The first time I took the mag tube off, the spring shot out scratched my barrel.
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 3:50:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Too late.  I unscrewed and booooing.  The stopper cap or whatever it is called flew across my room.  That spring is HUGE.

Pretty simple to take off and remove the barrel.  The trigger group and bolt seem a little more difficult.  I'll play with them tonight.

Lazyshooter, did you find the PDF's?
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 6:45:48 AM EDT
[#8]
I've spent some time looking for the PDF and still can't find it.  I think I was looking at some HK site when I happened upon the manuals, but unfortunately I didn't save the address.  I wanted it for future reference, as it had quite a few HK manuals in PDF also.  Damn!
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 6:50:12 AM EDT
[#9]
I've got a Benelli "Equipment Familiarization and General Information" manual in .pdf format. It has directions, but no pictures, of the disassembly and reassembly.

[b]Sorry gents: It turns out that the manual is too large a file to be made an attachment to an email.[/b]

[b]Freedom isn't free[/b]
Semper Fidelis
Jarhead out.
[img]http://users.aol.com/k412rvn1/k412/flagwavr.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 10:26:44 AM EDT
[#10]
7, if you are still having trouble, e-mail me and I will make copies of my manual to send you.
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 4:26:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Too late.  I unscrewed and booooing.  The stopper cap or whatever it is called flew across my room.  That spring is HUGE.

Pretty simple to take off and remove the barrel.  The trigger group and bolt seem a little more difficult.  I'll play with them tonight.

Lazyshooter, did you find the PDF's?
View Quote

After you tap those two trigger unit assembly pins out, push that shell carrier thing down and push that metal thing on the side.

That metal thing that keeps the shells from exiting the mag tube thing.

I don't have my instructions on hand, so I'm not sure of the correct name for the part.
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 9:15:10 PM EDT
[#12]
I can't find the two things I was looking for;  a manual in PDF and another maintenance manual in PDF.  The only thing I have is all words, no diagrams or pics.  [url]www.kerensky.net/~alpinetek/[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top