Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/29/2001 3:57:06 PM EDT
I am thinking about buying some stock. I decided to buy into a industry that interested me. Anyways I was wondering if anyone knew any of the companys that sell stock I know Ruger sells thier stock what about others. How about Fabrique Nationale. Any others. Thanks Six
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 3:59:43 PM EDT
How about Choate. They have stocks for about any application. [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D]
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 4:24:59 PM EDT
You can always buy some REFR! (Personal favorite. [:D])
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 4:31:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/29/2001 6:55:10 PM EDT by raven]
I wouldn't buy stock in anything....until I saw the chart for FLIR. They're the good folks who make Foward Looking Infa Red vision stuff for helicopters and fighters. Their stock was selling for $3 a year ago, now at $45 through the stock market crash. I thought it was really undervalued a year ago....didn't look into it until this week. [img]http://iqc.go2net.com/magic/chart?cs=0&i3=0&i2=0&i1=0&i0=1&time=day&period=240&compare=&chart1=ma&chart=candle&symbol=FLIR&lotemp=&s=linear[/img] How many tech stocks' charts look like this these days? [;)] NB; I don't own this stock, just looked at the chart for the first time in a year and was astounded.
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 4:46:44 PM EDT
What kind of produsts does the company REFR make? Six
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 4:48:10 PM EDT
Research Frontiers Incorporated develops and licenses suspended particle technology and devices that control the transmission of light. For the 3 months ended 3/01, fee income decreased 30% to $69K. Net loss decreased 78% to $994K. Revenues reflect decreased fee income from license agreements. Net loss reflects the absence of a $2.8M non-recurring non-cash compensation expense and increased investment income. [url]http://www.siliconinvestor.com/research/profile.gsp?s=REFR[/url]
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 4:54:33 PM EDT
In 1998 I bought a Sendra Conversion M16 for $1600 I sold it this month on the www for $4300 if you can invest money at a higher rate than that let me know. Plus I shot it for 5 yrs to boot. Now I am putting this money towards more inventory. Talk to me in 5 more years and we can compare
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 5:06:31 PM EDT
I think I will wait a month before investing. Many firearm manufacturers stock is undervalued because of the threat of lawsuits. Good buys unless GW loses in 2004.
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 5:56:05 PM EDT
I just put a grand into GE. They're in line for double-digit earnings growth and most of their divisions are doing great. (The gains in the good divisions more than offset the losses in the under-performing divisions.) As for diversification, well... It's GE; what firm is MORE diversified? [:)] (Yes, yes... I know that's NOT the definition of portfolio diversification...) Mike
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 5:59:05 PM EDT
buy a tech fund basket
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 6:01:40 PM EDT
Originally Posted By David_Hineline: In 1998 I bought a Sendra Conversion M16 for $1600 I sold it this month on the www for $4300 if you can invest money at a higher rate than that let me know. Plus I shot it for 5 yrs to boot. Now I am putting this money towards more inventory. Talk to me in 5 more years and we can compare
View Quote
With math like that I don't think I'd want you as my financial advisor. 2001-1998 = 5 years? [:P]
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 6:24:20 PM EDT
Originally Posted By David_Hineline: In 1998 I bought a Sendra Conversion M16 for $1600 I sold it this month on the www for $4300 if you can invest money at a higher rate than that let me know. Plus I shot it for 5 yrs to boot.
View Quote
In 1997, I bought Oracle (ORCL) for a split-adjusted price of $4.0667/share. In early 2000, I sold half at $43/share. The rest is still in my account at $12/share. Either way I'm handily hammering the only "investment" you mention.
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 6:32:05 PM EDT
AMD....Intel killed them with the Pentium 4, their stock went from the $20's to about $9 a share. They will bounce back though
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 6:39:23 PM EDT
AMD just had some layoffs correct? I just picked up some Cisco. I believe it is way undervalued. I'll buy some more next week and maybe some msft. I'm in it for the long haul, 20+ years so these little spikes mean nothing to me. Now is the best time to buy because everything is so low.
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 6:45:21 PM EDT
Originally Posted By raven: Research Frontiers Incorporated develops and licenses suspended particle technology and devices that control the transmission of light. For the 3 months ended 3/01, fee income decreased 30% to $69K. Net loss decreased 78% to $994K. Revenues reflect decreased fee income from license agreements. Net loss reflects the absence of a $2.8M non-recurring non-cash compensation expense and increased investment income. [url]http://www.siliconinvestor.com/research/profile.gsp?s=REFR[/url]
View Quote
[bounce] Thanks, raven! [bounce] REFR is just now FINALLY going into production, after a development effort which was the equal of both LCD and EC (electrochromic) technologies, decades spent in the lab getting it into a usable form. The last year has been "interesting times", between announcement of profitability targets, a major shorting attack by an extremely sleazy broker, and finally the release of end-user products. Yahoo's "news" page is useful: [url]http://biz.yahoo.com/n/r/refr.html[/url] I expect another press-release barrage from the sleazeball in a few days, since he can't keep his mouth shut when he sees good news coming out from the company. The last one was a hoot. [:D] (This guy threatened to sue Oprah when she had a show segment related to (but not about) a biotech company he was targeting a while ago, but now he's getting sued into oblivion by that biotech.) By way of disclaimer, I own a ton of REFR, and will be badly hurt if it tanks, and happen to believe very strongly in the company's potential. So take what I write with a heaping tablespoon (or three) of salt. REFR is NOT for the faint of heart.
Top Top