Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/29/2001 3:57:06 PM EDT
I am thinking about buying some stock. I decided to buy into a industry that interested me. Anyways I was wondering if anyone knew any of the companys that sell stock I know Ruger sells thier stock what about others. How about Fabrique Nationale. Any others.

Thanks Six    
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 3:59:43 PM EDT
[#1]
How about Choate. They have stocks for about any application.

[:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D]
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 4:24:59 PM EDT
[#2]
You can always buy some REFR! (Personal favorite. [:D])
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 4:31:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I wouldn't buy stock in anything....until I saw the chart for FLIR.

They're the good folks who make Foward Looking Infa Red vision stuff for helicopters and fighters.  

Their stock was selling for $3 a year ago, now at $45 through the stock market crash.  I thought it was really undervalued a year ago....didn't look into it until this week.
[img]http://iqc.go2net.com/magic/chart?cs=0&i3=0&i2=0&i1=0&i0=1&time=day&period=240&compare=&chart1=ma&chart=candle&symbol=FLIR&lotemp=&s=linear[/img]

How many tech stocks' charts look like this these days? [;)]   NB; I don't own this stock, just looked at the chart for the first time in a year and was astounded.  
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 4:46:44 PM EDT
[#4]
What kind of produsts does the company REFR make?

Six

Link Posted: 9/29/2001 4:48:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Research Frontiers Incorporated develops and licenses suspended particle technology and devices that control the transmission of light. For the 3 months ended 3/01, fee income decreased 30% to $69K. Net loss decreased 78% to $994K. Revenues reflect decreased fee income from license agreements. Net loss reflects the absence of a $2.8M non-recurring non-cash compensation expense and increased investment income.

[url]http://www.siliconinvestor.com/research/profile.gsp?s=REFR[/url]
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 4:54:33 PM EDT
[#6]
In 1998 I bought a Sendra Conversion M16 for $1600 I sold it this month on the www for $4300 if you can invest money at a higher rate than that let me know. Plus I shot it for 5 yrs to boot. Now I am putting this money towards more inventory. Talk to me in 5 more years and we can compare
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 5:06:31 PM EDT
[#7]
I think I will wait a month before investing. Many firearm manufacturers stock is undervalued because of the threat of lawsuits. Good buys unless GW loses in 2004.
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 5:56:05 PM EDT
[#8]
I just put a grand into GE.  They're in line for double-digit earnings growth and most of their divisions are doing great.  (The gains in the good divisions more than offset the losses in the under-performing divisions.)

As for diversification, well...  It's GE; what firm is MORE diversified?  [:)]  (Yes, yes...  I know that's NOT the definition of portfolio diversification...)

Mike
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 5:59:05 PM EDT
[#9]
buy a tech fund basket
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 6:01:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
In 1998 I bought a Sendra Conversion M16 for $1600 I sold it this month on the www for $4300 if you can invest money at a higher rate than that let me know. Plus I shot it for 5 yrs to boot. Now I am putting this money towards more inventory. Talk to me in 5 more years and we can compare
View Quote

With math like that I don't think I'd want you as my financial advisor.  2001-1998 = 5 years?

[:P]
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 6:24:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
In 1998 I bought a Sendra Conversion M16 for $1600 I sold it this month on the www for $4300 if you can invest money at a higher rate than that let me know. Plus I shot it for 5 yrs to boot.
View Quote

In 1997, I bought Oracle (ORCL) for a split-adjusted price of $4.0667/share.  In early 2000, I sold half at $43/share.  The rest is still in my account at $12/share.  Either way I'm handily hammering the only "investment" you mention.
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 6:32:05 PM EDT
[#12]
AMD....Intel killed them with the Pentium 4, their stock went from the $20's to about $9 a share. They will bounce back though
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 6:39:23 PM EDT
[#13]
AMD just had some layoffs correct?  

I just picked up some Cisco.  I believe it is way undervalued.  I'll buy some more next week and maybe some msft.  I'm in it for the long haul, 20+ years so these little spikes mean nothing to me.  Now is the best time to buy because everything is so low.
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 6:45:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Research Frontiers Incorporated develops and licenses suspended particle technology and devices that control the transmission of light. For the 3 months ended 3/01, fee income decreased 30% to $69K. Net loss decreased 78% to $994K. Revenues reflect decreased fee income from license agreements. Net loss reflects the absence of a $2.8M non-recurring non-cash compensation expense and increased investment income.
[url]http://www.siliconinvestor.com/research/profile.gsp?s=REFR[/url]
View Quote

[bounce] Thanks, raven! [bounce]

REFR is just now FINALLY going into production, after a development effort which was the equal of both LCD and EC (electrochromic) technologies, decades spent in the lab getting it into a usable form.  The last year has been "interesting times", between announcement of profitability targets, a major shorting attack by an extremely sleazy broker, and finally the release of end-user products.  Yahoo's "news" page is useful:
[url]http://biz.yahoo.com/n/r/refr.html[/url]
I expect another press-release barrage from the sleazeball in a few days, since he can't keep his mouth shut when he sees good news coming out from the company.  The last one was a hoot. [:D]  (This guy threatened to sue Oprah when she had a show segment related to (but not about) a biotech company he was targeting a while ago, but now he's getting sued into oblivion by that biotech.)

By way of disclaimer, I own a ton of REFR, and will be badly hurt if it tanks, and happen to believe very strongly in the company's potential.  So take what I write with a heaping tablespoon (or three) of salt.  REFR is NOT for the faint of heart.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top