Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2001 10:55:03 PM EDT
Nuke, Bio, Chem, Explosives, Shootings?  

Nothing at all?   Anybody have an opinion?

We have a wealth of knowledge on this board and I'm just trying to figure out if there is anything we can do to prevent it.
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 11:06:21 PM EDT
[#1]
It's hard to say, since obviously terrorism isn't something you ever are expecting. In my personal perspective the rest of the attacks will be small scale, Oklahoma City sized at worst. Terrorism has never stricken more than once every 5 years or so in the past and nothing leads me to believe it will be any more rampant now. I think they just slipped a big one by us and we're all waiting for more based on our shock. But it's always possible that I'm a big fat meat head too.
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 11:09:00 PM EDT
[#2]
... I dunno, prolly the method and place we least expect.

.. thats how those things go
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 12:22:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Many people here already had learned to maintain an ongoing "Condition Yellow" state of alert.

Now it seems like that's pretty much how the entire country needs to live.

I'm not going to speculate on future attacks -  I started a thread like that, then decided it doesn't serve any good to broadcst that kind of information on the web, so I deleted the thread.

If you have any specific concerns, I would just report them to the FBI, intelligence committees or military, and leave it at that.

No sense in giving ideas to the bad guys, or accidently stirring up fear in our fellow man.

We will learn to live with this, just as in the 50's we learned to live with the threat of nuclear attack.

Link Posted: 9/29/2001 6:57:49 AM EDT
[#4]
A chemical or fertilizer bomb in a large, people-dense public place in one of the major us eastern cities.

They won't use planes again, when there are so many easier places to nail us.
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 7:15:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Probably a large bomb (perhaps with chemical agents involved) in a theme park, or a big mall.
It only makes sense: they've already made us afraid to travel, next thing they will try to do is make us afraid to leave the house.
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 8:13:41 AM EDT
[#6]
In order to keep your families safe, you should consider moving to Jersey City, NJ or Paterson, NJ.

Both cities are real slums, but they have a huge Muslim and terrorist population.  

I'm kinda hoping that they wouldn't kill off their kin --- so we should be safe living among them.  

[}:D][}:D][}:D][}:D][}:D][}:D][}:D][}:D]

Link Posted: 9/29/2001 8:17:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Nuke, Bio, Chem, Explosives, Shootings?  
View Quote

Yes to all.

To make matters worse, the next group will feel the need to "outdo" WTC in scale of shock and death.

I was actually surprised WTC came in under 10,000 dead.

Next time we will not be as lucky.
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 8:18:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 9:23:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Get out your CHEM gear.
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 3:22:13 PM EDT
[#10]
IIRC, there were some Russian nukes that were unaccounted for at the end of the cold war.  I am not sure they were ever recovered and that has concerned me for many years.  I am still not certain we have seen the Bin Laden trump card.  Think of how easy it would be to bring a ship into one of the major US harbors and detonate a nuke.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top