Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/28/2001 8:35:20 AM EDT
Some people prefer their own idea of a "kinder, gentler" America.

What drivel!

[url]http://www.nationalreview.com/nr_comment/nr_comment092801.shtml[/url]

And if people like her had their way, this is how Pearl Harbor might have gone:

[url]http://www.nationalreview.com/hanson/hansonprint092701.html[/url]

[blue]Many thanks to Eric the Hun for pointing me back to National Review Online!

Almost better than...[/blue][red]The Federalist[/red]
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 8:49:10 AM EDT
[#1]
OK, you just tested my BP meds and they are working normally...
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 8:50:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Heck, I'd almost forgotten about it myself and I used to practically live there! You know, right before I discovered AR15.com, and, uh, my useful, productive life came to a screeching halt!

I hadn't seen Victor Davis Hanson's parody on Peral Harbor as reported by Edward R. Murrow, until you had pointed it out! It's a riot!

Reminds me of National Lampoon's 'If WWII Had Been Fought Like Vietnam' spoof. You know, where at the end there was a scene of downtown Washington DC, with nothing but Volkwagen bugs as far as the eye could see, and 'Halt!' on all the stop signs.

Eric The(Sigh...ThoseWereTheDays)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 9:11:41 AM EDT
[#3]
You're right, there is something strangely addictive about AR15.com, and the division of lifetimes, before and after the "discovery" of the site.

I think Goat Boy must be using some kind of subliminal mind trick, causing us to become enraptured by the site, and filled with the desire to purchase ever more AR15's!

Hey! What's that funny flicker on th screen? I just noticed...AAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 10:39:48 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm back...

Hanson's parody was great, but disturbingly close to the truth. My fear is that the greater majority of Americans really do feel this way, not cause they are leftists, but because our nation has been so "sensitized", even feminized over the last thirty years. We as a people just don't know any better.

Here's what Sam Adams had to say about this kind of thinking:

[b]"In a state of tranquillity, wealth, and luxury, our descendants would forget the arts of war and the noble activity and zeal which made their ancestors invincible. Every art of corruption would be employed to loosen the bond of union which renders our resistance formidable. When the spirit of liberty which now animates our hearts and gives success to our arms is extinct, our numbers will accelerate our ruin and render us easier victims to tyranny." --Samuel Adams[/b]

Since Sam's birthday was the 27th of September, let's all hoist a cold one to this visionary man. Who says the Founders were out of touch and not relevant to todays world?

Link Posted: 9/28/2001 1:41:17 PM EDT
[#5]
btt
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 2:08:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm back...

Here's what Sam Adams had to say about this kind of thinking:

[b]"In a state of tranquillity, wealth, and luxury, our descendants would forget the arts of war and the noble activity and zeal which made their ancestors invincible. Every art of corruption would be employed to loosen the bond of union which renders our resistance formidable. When the spirit of liberty which now animates our hearts and gives success to our arms is extinct, our numbers will accelerate our ruin and render us easier victims to tyranny." --Samuel Adams[/b]

Since Sam's birthday was the 27th of September, let's all hoist a cold one to this visionary man. Who says the Founders were out of touch and not relevant to todays world?

View Quote

Maybe THEY were the 'greatest generation'?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top