Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/27/2001 3:57:46 PM EDT
Yes, contrary to populer belief my new flag made it to my doorstep in about one week.  And guess what?  Sewn right into the seam is a "made in USA" tag!  Now I'll have to retire my old faded one, actually it's in such bad shape that it has'nt been flown in some time.  I will admit I was surprised that delivery was so fast, I thought it'd be months.
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 4:01:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Where did you get it from?
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 4:01:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Congrats on the new flag.
How hard was it to find one made in the ole USA ??

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 4:02:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 5:46:44 PM EDT
[#4]
My great aunt has ordered a flag for me from the Daughters of the American Revolution.
I'm curious to see where it is made.
I have a flag that belonged to my great uncle.I would guess that its about 30 years old.I have not unfolded this flag.My aunt gave me this flag and all of my uncle's Navy possessions after he died.
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 7:05:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Not too hard, Annin makes them though I believe they are at max capacity to meet demand.  Go to their website [url]www.annin.com[/url] and find the dealer closest to you, if that fails I bought mine from [url]www.flagandbanner.com[/url] out of Little Rock.  I bought the "Tough-Tex" model 3X5 for $54 shipped, hell it even came with a 1 year guarantee.
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 7:08:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Flying my 48 star all sewn cloth flag that flew over Pensacola NAS in 1943. Don't make 'em like that anymore...God Bless AMERICA!
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 7:20:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Actually PitViper they do sell historical flags, I don't know about the historical ones but the one I received today is all sewn and embroidered.
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 7:33:46 PM EDT
[#8]
My brother called the local American Legion. He had a new flag the next day.
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 9:25:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Mine is made by Annin, Made in the USA!  I bought it about 1.5 years ago at WALMART!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top