Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/27/2001 2:45:59 PM EDT
Here's what happened....

2 months ago I was payed through paypal for an online gaming account that I sold.  Approx $400.
Well it turns out that the shit head used a stolen credit card to pay me with or he said that I never shipped the goods.  Since there was nothing to ship (they use shipping info to verify the exchange of goods) I sent the guy and e-mail with the account name and password.  So instead of going after this asshole paypal turns around and charges me the $400 to cover it!!!

Luckly I talked to my credit card company and my bank (both accounts linked) and they said that they cant take any "unauthorized" money from those accounts.  Its a good thing that I dont have any $$$ in my paypal account or it would be gone....

Then after all this they had the audacity to slap me with a $10 service charge, and wrote me an e-mail saying "To reimberse paypal please send money to bla bla bla"!!!!!

SO..  Paypal can KISS MY ASS, and look else where to make up that $400.00!!!

All paypal users you have been warned!
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 3:01:19 PM EDT
[#1]
It would be nice if so many vendors would just take credit cards instead of going through that paypal BS. Its kept me from buying alot of stuff. Instead I wait until someplace else offers the same merchandise. Oh well, their loss.
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 3:09:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Hmmm... I don't know what paypal's policy is, but when normally using CC's, it is the merchant's responsibility to confirm the identity of the buyer.  I.E., the bank or CC is not responsible for any fraudulent charges.  However, in the case of paypal, the "merchant" (you), does not have access to the tools to confirm the buyer's identity.  I have never actually received money via paypal, but I don't even imagine they will disclose what method the buyer used to pay.  For all you knew, the seller pulled the money directly from a bank account.  This is very bad indeed...

Hmmm... now that I think about it, I recall that there was a limit on how much you could charge to your CC via paypal (something like $150 or $250) before you did add your bank's checking account.  This really seems like BS on paypal's part to me if this is still the case.  There is no way the buyer could have charged $400 to his CC without also registering a checking account.  What paypal does is deposit a few cents into your checking account, you call your bank (or wait for your statement), and input those amounts at paypal's website to confirm that it is really your account.  Even if the CC was stolen, paypal should have been able to get it from the valid checking account.

The only explanation I can come up with is that someone stole a paypal user's username and password, in which case, it should be either the owner's or Paypal's fault, and certainly not yours. Do you mind if I ask the email address you are registered with paypal under?  I would like to write them a nastygram regarding this incident - it really doesn't make me feel too safe.

Rocko
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 3:19:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Sorry Roco, but I really dont want to give out that address.

I will tell you this... the guy that payed me was a Verified user!  So even if he didnt use a stolen credit card, He disputed the fact that I ever shipped the goods.  Well I did "ship" the good through an e-mail seeing that it was an online gaming account!   So what does paypal expect me to do.... FEDEX a piece of paper with the account name and password on it... while insuring the envelope for $400 ??!?!??!   If i did that NO one would have bought my account!

It is just obsurd!  They will never get their $400 from me nor will they get my business again!
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 3:23:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I have long been aware that paypal looks after themselves first and foremost. If you get ripped off - like they did in this story - seller wont deliver goods, etc they will do nothing! Perhaps that will change if enough people complain.
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 5:07:00 PM EDT
[#5]
The "PAL" suxxxxx.
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 5:30:32 PM EDT
[#6]
pay pal bad
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 5:38:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 6:30:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
pay pal bad
View Quote
                                            Pay pal bad.............[stick]
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 6:34:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Paypal will let you transfer up to $1000 before doing a verification check, I know I just had to pay for a preban lower that way.

[beer]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top