Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2001 5:26:15 AM EDT
For Beretta 92FS....thinking about the Blackhawk Omega VI.  Any sugg.? I just want a good SHTF holster.

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 5:37:31 AM EDT
[#1]
I've got the Eagle SAS Mk V. I like the double leg strap, which keeps it from flopping around when you move, plus the straps have some kind of rubbery stuff woven through them which also helps to grip onto your trousers. The thumbbreak is easily adjustable with a butterknife in the velcro, and the strap the holster hangs from is nice and stiff, but doesn't bind up when you sit or crouch.

[img]http://media.bigstep.com/shop/4/59/4417594/upload/980035868625.jpg[/img]

Check it out at [url]http://www.lightfighter.com/item.jhtml?UCIDs=66194%7C865123&PRID=694532[/url]

[b]Freedom isn't free[/b]
Semper Fidelis
Jarhead out.
[img]http://www.inetnow.net/~kudzukid/enlemblem.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 6:41:22 AM EDT
[#2]
My wife bought the eagle sas for her beretta 92c just like jarhead has shown in his pic. I bought the blackhawk Special ops holster for my USP .45f. The blackhawk holster pales in comparison to the eagle products. The blackhawk would be fine for range trips but I would never trust it to hold up in a SHTF senario. Go eagle, london bridge, or SOE for great quality. Check out lightfighter.com, he is a member on this board and has great products at great prices.

idaho-ar15
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 6:50:54 AM EDT
[#3]
The Safariland 6004 is the only drop leg holster I'd use. It doesn't flop when you run, its retention system is fast and secure and it can be manipulated completely with one hand.
Works great with my 92F, and Lightfighter has them too.
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 6:53:18 AM EDT
[#4]
The Safariland 6004 is the only drop leg holster I'd use. It doesn't flop when you run, its retention system is fast and secure and it can be manipulated completely with one hand.
Works great with my 92F, and Lightfighter has them too.
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 6:54:16 AM EDT
[#5]
See, I like mine so much I posted twice!
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 7:08:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Another vote for the Safariland 6004. If also has 2 attatchment points for cuffs, OC, mags, etc. You can also buy a harness only for the off side and set it up the way you want. Mine accomodates my Glock with  the tac light attatched. IMHO anything else is second rate at best.
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 8:25:59 AM EDT
[#7]
safariland 6004 is much better than the eagle i have both i started w/the eagle but when i saw the safariland there was no comparison. imho
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 11:00:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Safariland 6004
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 2:02:14 PM EDT
[#9]
I have been using a Safariland 3005 for my USP 9mm for about 3 years, has always performed 100%, been using it for reserve 3 gun matches where it has gone thru a lot. I added a additional leg strap that Safariland offers. I have come proficient with the normal snap button so i won´t be changing to the 6004 model, which has 2 leg straps and plate against the thigh as standard, it also has the SLS locking snap. I think either of them will be good to go
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 9:25:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Have you guys ever sat in a vehicle with one of those things? The gun always seems point right at your knee cap. Not real comforting with a 1911.
Mine is made by Safariland.
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 9:32:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Does anyone know if a fullsize usp .45 will fit in one of these ??
I have a bianchi um84 flap holster for my M9, and the usp wont fully fit into it and bianchi doesnt make a bigger one.
SPECTRE
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 3:47:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Safariland 6004.

I had the opportunity to T&E a bunch of tac holsters over the last several months. We settled on the 6004 because the hard plastic leg shroud keeps it in place, and the self-locking hood makes for a very fast presentation and for the fastest way to secure your weapon when you need to go hands-on.

You can also get in woodland or desert camo (cool).
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 4:30:04 AM EDT
[#13]
[img]http://store2.blackhawkindustries.com/photo/864.jpg[/img]
Omega VI Assault Holster by BlackHawk.
I've got this one and it performs like a champ.
-David
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 4:37:43 AM EDT
[#14]
What about this one?  Seems to ride somewhere between the thigh and hip. [url]http://www.lightfighter.com/item.jhtml?UCIDs=66194%7C865129&PRID=694712[/url]

Also, any sugg. on mag pouches?[url]http://store2.blackhawkindustries.com/cgi-bin/storenew.pl?page=/new/product.html&setup=1&ida=901&idp=1193&his=0|1193&cart_id=5586853.2825[/url] Again this one seems to ride somewhere between the thigh and hip.  Wouldn't this position make it easier to run and squat, etc.?
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 5:11:18 AM EDT
[#15]
I also like the 6004 by Safarliand -- I prefer the SLS locking hood over a thumb snap and this is the the greatest benefit of the Safariland (other than a drop leg kydex holster like the Gun Glove that did not require ANY retention device because it was molded so well).

As far as nylon holsters go, I like the Eagle or the SOE the best (the SOE with the Kydex Insert is what I have been using with my Sig for the past few months); but there is a new one I am trying out this weekend from HSGI (High Speed Gear, Incorporated).

The HSGI Drop Holster has a tapered, diamond shaped band of mesh as a suspension system insead of straps. It is comfortable, has additional pocket space (for Surefire, OC, mags, etc). If it works out, I will post them on my website and stock them in the shop. I think it will be a nice holster.

High Performance Tactical Gear!
[url]www.Lightfighter.com[/url]
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 7:11:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Compare a Blackhawk holster side by side with Eagle or SOE. I have. It is visibly inferior in quality (and made overseas)while being about the same price. I have one in front of me that is falling apart. Seams popping, plastic sheeting coming through fabric. If you want a nylon holster go SOE or Eagle. My new favorite is the Safariland 6004. The rotating hood cannot be beat! If you buy Blackhawk, just remember: we warned you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top