Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/25/2001 10:29:25 PM EDT
For those of you who do not know, I am a Combat Arms Instructor/Armorer in the Air Force. Tonight we had a night fire course with Security Forces troops, who for the most part are pretty capable shooters. Well, I had a shooter who could not group shots tighter than 2" at 25 meters(we use scaled targets). He complained about how his rifle was a piece of shit and that it wasn't his fault,etc... So,knowing that that is one of the most convenient excuses for a poor marksman, I decided to prove to him in front of his peers that there was nothing wrong with the rifle. I gauged barrel straightness, barrel erosion and headspace, which were all fine. So, to prove even further, I took 4 rounds and test fired. To my amazement, I also shot a 2" group. So, at this point I wanted to prove that I was'nt a poor shot. I took the Compensator off and sure enough, the crown was nicked all to hell. Some dumn troop at one point, probably over several years, cleaned with the rod from the muzzle end and the crown was beat to hell. Damn I hate being wrong. Thank god it dosen't happen often![rolleyes]
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 12:26:36 AM EDT
Say, do you like your Crow with or without feathers?[;)]
Top Top