Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/25/2001 8:59:03 PM EDT
I was on campus walking to my car when I heard a plane.  Not having seen a plane fly in quite sometime I thought to myself that it was nice to see them up again.

Later I went out to do some shooting a there was another plane.  These planes weren't at high altitude either, they were close enough to read their letters. (These looked like ordinary civilian Sesnas)

Then tonight I was at the store and my brother in law came in and asked if I knew what was going on.  He said he saw aircraft circling and one looked like it turned its lights off.  I told him of my plane encounters and went about my business.  

Now no more than 10 minutes ago a plane went over my house.  It had to have been buzzing the tree tops because it was loud.

I don't live near a military base.  The two closest to me are Ft. Leonard Wood(No planes) and Whiteman AFB(Only military aircraft there)  The two bases are both about 200 miles from me.

Should I be wearing my tinfoil hat?!
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 9:03:09 PM EDT
[#1]
As long as they aren't cropdusters...
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 9:07:31 PM EDT
[#2]
That was one of my first thoughts.
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 10:53:43 AM EDT
[#3]
That's the sound of Freedom, Son!
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 11:04:39 AM EDT
[#4]
M15A2, where are you in MO?

Ranger Out
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 11:32:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Sturgeon about 20 miles north of Columbia.
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 5:33:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, Columbia is a big training area. Prolly just some instuctors having fun.  A kamakazi Cessna would need a direct hit to do any damage.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top