Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/25/2001 7:44:49 PM EDT
I figured it out!

If congress recognizes the Taliban as the ruling government of Afghanastan, can't the US look at the hijackings as an act of war an behalf of all of the country?  We will exterminate the country and its allies.
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 7:48:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 8:01:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Not when you gotta deal with the UN.  
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 8:11:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't think you can do that.  You can't recognize a government 'after the fact' and declare war on them.  There's probably some law out there.  But a country has the right to defend themselves, and if there is some certainty that some people, gov't, etc. attacked another people, country, etc., well, I guess you can do anything you wish.  UN approval is good, but I think the world condemns these acts and if we play the diplomacy card right, 'declaring war' isn't a necessity.  We haven't done it since WWII, so what's the difference now?

Link Posted: 9/25/2001 8:19:27 PM EDT
[#4]
True, true.
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 8:25:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Not when you gotta deal with the UN.  
View Quote

Bush said if you're not with us, you're against us.  If the UN is taking an anti-retaliation position, that's gotta be interpreted as a pro-terrorism position, and they'll have to be dealt with accordingly. [:)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top