Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2001 6:36:06 PM EDT
[/url]http://www.kxtv10.com/news-story/September2001/092501/FLAG-BURNING.htm[/url]

An alleged flag burning incident in a Del Paso Heights elementary school has inflamed the community and resulted in a sixth grade teacher being removed from the classroom. According to school authorities, an elementary teacher at North Avenue School burned an American flag in front of sixth grade class. As the flag burned, the teacher reportedly commented "Babylon is burning," then said "I can't burn the entire thing because it's illegal."  The motive for the incident is unclear, but the teacher is currently on administrative leave pending an investigation. The teacher is said to be in his second year at the school, with little other teaching experience.  Identity of the teacher is being withheld, because the district is treating the incident as a personnel matter. Parents in the district are angry about the incident. "Inappropriate, very inappropriate," said parent Ollie Stark-Willis.  "To those age kids, any age kids, but especially sixth graders. They're most impressionable." School district officials are investigating the incident, but say that the action was unacceptable, no matter what message the flag burning was meant to convey.

IMO, this is not a case of someone exercising 1st ammendment rights as those children are required to be in school and have no choice whether to listen to the idiots ravings. This is treason, givinig aid and comfort to the enemy. It is not a personnel matter, but a PERSONAL matter!
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 6:40:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Yea, I heard about this on the radio today, unbelievable.  Knowing the public school system around here this guy will keep his job.

Just another reason why I homeschool.  BTW PTHFNDR, last Sunday was a field trip[:)]

sgtar15
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 6:41:03 PM EDT
[#2]
It's interesting to see what a national catastrophe will bring out in people.
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 6:46:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I hope the f*cking bastard dies.
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 6:55:20 PM EDT
[#4]
What's the big deal? One of our own right here at AR15.com gets his rocks off posting images of our flag shredded into a Swastika and no one gets their panties in a bunch.
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 7:30:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 7:37:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Iam not in school anymore but that teacher would of gotten their A** kicked if it happened in my school. Notice the age group it was done in front of. Heads should roll for this.  [sniper]
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 7:40:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Why dont these idiots who are running around hurting Arab Americans look for morons like this!  These are the people who should be kicked in the teeth.
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 7:44:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Hose whip him and feed him to the alligators.

AmOTramp
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 7:47:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Did the newspaper mention the ethnicity of the teacher? -- Just curious.
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 7:51:18 PM EDT
[#10]
He should be charged with child abuse.

I think the current wave of patriotism sweeping the nation, is too much for some of these POS liberals. They start foaming at the mouth and eventually do something that exposes their wacko views.
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 7:53:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Magikid, good point... when I was in school, the pledge of Allegiance was thrown out because it "offended" the little immigrant kids. TOO BAD says I. You moved here! Say it, say it with pride.

Personally, I think they should lock him up in the local VFW for a couple of hours.
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 8:01:43 PM EDT
[#12]
My father said he heard on the radio (KGO?) the guy is a Black Muslim and this is not the first time he's been in trouble pulling stunts like this. I cannot verify if that is true or not at this time.
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 8:23:55 PM EDT
[#13]
I don't believe ethnicity is the issue, nor should it be. Just leave it at the fact that he is a POS. They come in all colors.

He should be fired. His actions were inappropriate in the classroom, especially considering recent events.

I believe the fire department is investigating, though I doubt they could get him for much.
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 8:33:23 PM EDT
[#14]
If an Afgan flag was burned, I think the teacher would have been in more trouble!
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 8:36:35 PM EDT
[#15]
commie!
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 8:37:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
If an Afgan flag was burned, I think the teacher would have been in more trouble!
View Quote

sad but true
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 9:00:31 PM EDT
[#17]
I am strongly thanking about home school. My son is in the 5th grade last week he was told by his teacher that he would never add up to any thing but welfare trash and another student in this glass was made fun of cuz he is in a special resource class for reading, As of right now we have pulled him out of school tell the school takes some type of action the other boys parents have done the same. I dont understand are school system I this new day and age??????
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 10:20:38 PM EDT
[#18]
All is not lost. Today at work (an aerospace company), a guy was handing out flags that a bunch of kids at local elementary school made for us out of construction paper, paste, etc.
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 11:08:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
[/url]http://www.kxtv10.com/news-story/September2001/092501/FLAG-BURNING.htm[/url]

An alleged flag burning incident in a Del Paso Heights elementary school has inflamed the community and resulted in a sixth grade teacher being removed from the classroom. According to school authorities, an elementary teacher at North Avenue School burned an American flag in front of sixth grade class. As the flag burned, the teacher reportedly commented "Babylon is burning," then said "I can't burn the entire thing because it's illegal."  The motive for the incident is unclear, but the teacher is currently on administrative leave pending an investigation. The teacher is said to be in his second year at the school, with little other teaching experience.  Identity of the teacher is being withheld, because the district is treating the incident as a personnel matter. Parents in the district are angry about the incident. "Inappropriate, very inappropriate," said parent Ollie Stark-Willis.  "To those age kids, any age kids, but especially sixth graders. They're most impressionable." School district officials are investigating the incident, but say that the action was unacceptable, no matter what message the flag burning was meant to convey.

IMO, this is not a case of someone exercising 1st ammendment rights as those children are required to be in school and have no choice whether to listen to the idiots ravings. This is treason, givinig aid and comfort to the enemy. It is not a personnel matter, but a PERSONAL matter!
View Quote

IF this is being reported correctly THEN there is no political issue at all. This is a person who should never have been in that position having a emotional breakdown. Whe had a similar incident just over a year ago here in AZ. Just a few days after the school shooting in San Diego in fact, where a teacher went off the deep end, shot herself superficially in her classroom and then blamed it on a student. The parents whos kids were unfortunate enough to  be stuck with this individual ought to be breathing a sigh of releif that there was no act of violence commited by this person toward a student.

Pthfndr, not every incident that is going to happen is related to the war, all the loonies that were there before Sept. 11 are still there. Why did you jump to the conclusion that this was a political statement because a flag was burnt?

Of course if he comes back in a couple weeks and sues the school district for violating his first ammendment rights for interrupting his war protest- [i]then[/i] you would be right in your guess.  But right now it looks like someone who had a psychological breakdown and felt the need for everyone to see it- like the above mentioned school teacher here whos first action was to run streight to the news cameras and say how unsafe it was to be a teacher, only to be in jail herself by the time her statement was broadcast.
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 12:26:01 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

IF this is being reported correctly THEN there is no political issue at all. This is a person who should never have been in that position having a emotional breakdown. Whe had a similar incident just over a year ago here in AZ. Just a few days after the school shooting in San Diego in fact, where a teacher went off the deep end, shot herself superficially in her classroom and then blamed it on a student. The parents whos kids were unfortunate enough to  be stuck with this individual ought to be breathing a sigh of releif that there was no act of violence commited by this person toward a student.

Pthfndr, not every incident that is going to happen is related to the war, all the loonies that were there before Sept. 11 are still there. Why did you jump to the conclusion that this was a political statement because a flag was burnt?

Of course if he comes back in a couple weeks and sues the school district for violating his first ammendment rights for interrupting his war protest- [i]then[/i] you would be right in your guess.  But right now it looks like someone who had a psychological breakdown and felt the need for everyone to see it- like the above mentioned school teacher here whos first action was to run streight to the news cameras and say how unsafe it was to be a teacher, only to be in jail herself by the time her statement was broadcast.
View Quote

I did say it was a problem with the person. A PERSONAL matter, i.e, something wrong with their mental process. Whether they are sick, demented, out of balance, un-American, etc. I made the comment about the 1st because I do not think that would be a valid argument for use in this case.
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 1:44:34 AM EDT
[#21]
That's just twisted.  The first amendment ends where my beliefs and liberties begin.

I am responsible for my sons upbringing...  I will let him make up his own mind.  But I swear he will see both sides of the rights issues.  The media to him will mean about as much as it does to me...  Kinda like a discussion forum.... pick out the facts... ignore the crap and do what you can for a good cause.

Children ARE impressionable.....  and if you're with them enough.... Madonna and Nsync won't be their role models.  You will.

Link Posted: 9/26/2001 2:11:02 AM EDT
[#22]
GRRRRRR!

Not in my neighborhood.
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 4:52:51 AM EDT
[#23]
Sacramento - Patriot burns U.S. traitor in classroom!

[pissed]
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 5:12:18 AM EDT
[#24]
Standard Goverment response:
Put teacher on admin leave for 6 months with pay.  Accept lawsuit given to said school from the ACLU pay teacher/lawyers millions.  give teacher job back-except with no direct teaching/contact with students-say, Principal... give raise and back pay and bonuses.  And the school will put full page apology for demeaning, pain and suffering and stomping the teachers freedom of speech...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top