Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/25/2001 1:53:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/26/2001 1:33:06 PM EDT by Morgan-Keegan]
Talked to my father over the weekend about a guy at his work that was selling all of his assault weapons. I told my father to ask him about what all he had. Here goes *HK 91 with factory HK .22 conversion kit, both stocks and some other accesories. *Mini 14 Factory Folder not a Stainless *2 SpringField M1A's *Colt AR in 7.62x39 he said it was an A2 model He had a few more, but this was the best stuff. My question to you is what should I offer him on the Ruger Folder? All of the guns are in Very Good to Excellent condition. My father was wanting to know how much he wanted for everything, but he didn't have a direct answer. I will find out what he is wanting for them and post it here for you guys if you would like. I have first pick on the Ruger though![:D] ---------- UPDATE --- My dad called me at work today about the guns. The guy has made him a great offer on the guns. At the prices he wanted, I am going to have to buy the guns myself. I'm going Thursday to look at them. For the folks interested in the .22 H&K kit what would you want to ask for the kit. I really won't need the .22 kit and was wondering if you all would want it. Like i said I haven't seen them yet, but he said the .22 kit was in a custom wood HK box. He said this kit was not like the Colt .22 kit, but also included the barrel. The guy said that the kit sold new for like $500 new, many years ago. I thought about offering him $200 for it and selling it on here for say $250. Let me know ASAP because I'm going Thur. to look at everything.
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 2:03:18 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Morgan-Keegan: *HK 91 with factory HK .22 conversion kit, both stocks and some other accesories. *Mini 14 Factory Folder not a Stainless *2 SpringField M1A's *Colt AR in 7.62x39 he said it was an A2 model
View Quote
You can keep the Ruger - If I had the $$$ I'd be after the '91 and the M1As.
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 2:15:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/25/2001 2:16:01 PM EDT by Princeton]
For the Ruger I would offer $550 and work up to $750 depending on condition. Stainless steel would fetch a little more. I would be sure its a preban also. Find out if he has any factory hi cap mags as they would sweeten the deal since they are selling for over $100 a peice. Just wanted to add it wouldn't be my first choice from the list but most likely the cheapest one listed.
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 2:59:25 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 3:15:28 PM EDT
I am not sure he is going to sell the .22 seperate kit. I will find out though for you when I call my dad this coming weekend.
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 6:06:37 PM EDT
A buddy of mine just sold his factory stainless mini-folder for $750. It was in very nice condition. I've seen them go for up to $950. Though I don't really know why, they aren't known for their accuracy. No offense meant. [:D][:D] ColtShorty GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 6:52:15 PM EDT
What's he want for the 91?
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 7:04:33 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Morgan-Keegan: Talked to my father over the weekend about a guy at his work that was selling all of his assault weapons. I told my father to ask him about what all he had. Here goes *HK 91 with factory HK .22 conversion kit, both stocks and some other accesories. *Mini 14 Factory Folder not a Stainless *2 SpringField M1A's *Colt AR in 7.62x39 he said it was an A2 model He had a few more, but this was the best stuff. My question to you is what should I offer him on the Ruger Folder? All of the guns are in Very Good to Excellent condition. My father was wanting to know how much he wanted for everything, but he didn't have a direct answer. I will find out what he is wanting for them and post it here for you guys if you would like. I have first pick on the Ruger though![:D]
View Quote
I don't see an assault weapon in the bunch. I do see a few semiautomatic Sport Utility Rifles.
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 7:21:56 PM EDT
M1A and M14 guy here email me with specs cpermd
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 7:37:33 PM EDT
And I'm still looking for bargain M1A mags...
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 12:27:51 PM EDT
My dad called me at work today about the guns. The guy has made him a great offer on the guns. At the prices he wanted, I am going to have to buy the guns myself. I'm going Thursday to look at them. For the folks interested in the .22 H&K kit what would you want to ask for the kit. I really won't need the .22 kit and was wondering if you all would want it. Like i said I haven't seen them yet, but he said the .22 kit was in a custom wood HK box. He said this kit was not like the Colt .22 kit, but also included the barrel. The guy said that the kit sold new for like $500 new, many years ago. I thought about offering him $200 for it and selling it on here for say $250. Let me know ASAP because I'm going Thur to look at everything.
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 12:39:14 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Morgan-Keegan: The guy said that the kit sold new for like $500 new, many years ago. I thought about offering him $200 for it and selling it on here for say $250.
View Quote
If he's willing to let go of an HK91 .22 conversion kit for $200, JUMP ON IT! You'd still be doing someone a big favor if you turned around and sold it for $150 more.
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 12:47:29 PM EDT
XSsquid thanks for the info! I had NO clue on what to offer him on the HK kit since I haven't ever seen or heard of them. I was thinking $200 would be good becasue you can find the Colt .22 kits on ebay for somestimes around $150-$175. I'm also going to try to buy the HK sliding stock all at one time. I think $150 would be fair on the stock though. Guess what the guy is going to do with the money? He's going to buy a $5000 Perazzi trap gun to shoot in those competitions!
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 1:53:03 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 3:35:14 PM EDT
Will keep in touch! I'm going to offer $200 and if dosen't take it I will give him the emails of the people that wanted th kit.
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 3:38:18 PM EDT
What a tease
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 3:43:25 PM EDT
Firepower, why do you say tease? Why would I have any reason to tease you? I don't need the .22 kit and was just asking how much I should offer him for it. I never said I was going to sell it anyway! Your are just jealous that I have a good chance on some good guns. I will post some pics when I get them!
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 4:15:33 PM EDT
HK 91 .22 kits have a barrel liner to put in and come in a wood case. They go for $400 or more.
Top Top