Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/26/2001 1:43:39 PM EDT
I posted this at another site but have not had alot of luck with responses.  I wanted to see anyone over here had any information.

About a year ago I purchased a used Marlin 39A for $189.00 from a private seller. The rifle is in fantastic shape and looks brand new. The blued finish has only rubbed off a little around where the lever pivots into the receiver. Otherwise the finish is complete with no rust. It is fun to shoot and looks like a keeper to pass on down the family line.

Now for the question. Does anyone know when this gun was made and roughly how many. The serial # is 1826XXXX with the markings "Original Golden 39A", a stamping with "(JM)" and somthing that looks like a horseshoe or omega symbol (stamped) that is exposed when the hammer is pulled back. It also does not have a saftey, only the half-cock.  Finally, the trigger is blued and not gold plated.

Thanks,
Miles

Link Posted: 2/26/2001 3:32:25 PM EDT
[#1]
My dad always talked fondly of his Golden 39A.  He said it had a low serial number (4 digits I think).  It's been a good 35 years ago.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top