Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/26/2001 1:24:08 PM EDT
I had a question about some reloading components and I go to their website and look for a contact #.  There is no phone # to be found.  That should have been my first indication of what sort of company they are running.

I send 3 email questions over a 10 day period with no response.  I call 411 get a #, and after getting the run around, and having to call 5 seperate #'s (all of which are long distance), I get someone's voice mailbox, and  it's full.  So I can't leave a message.

I call the home office and ask WTF?  The nice lady says she doesn't know.  Let me talk to someone, someone is not in she says.  Ok, let me talk to someone's boss, but they aren't in either.  Ok, how about someones' boss' boss, or their boss even.  Nope, they are all in a meeting.  But she swears she will pass my message on and someone will call me by end of business.  She 100% assures me.

Yup, you guessed it, no one called.

I'm glad I called for only a simple reason.  If I had a problem with their product, this would really piss me off.  Well, I will never make the misatke of falling into that trap.  

Winchester has lost all of my business.

I called Nosler, Remington, and Hornady and got answers in 1-2 minutes and placed my orders there...
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 1:42:23 PM EDT
[#1]
try calling them for parts, or better yet, have someone send in your gun for repair. seems like they only do it if they feel like it. sorry win fans, but you can have all the model 70`s!
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 1:44:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I emailed Winchester about reloading and got a message back the same day.  I hope I wasn't the exception.
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 2:39:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I have to say, dude, with that level of customer service, I don't blaime you one bit. I'd tell them to go to hell too...

Hell, I just might stop doing business with them, that kind of crap really frosts me....
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 4:01:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Isn't Winchester a British owned company?
If they do that will explain it all to me.

Karlozg
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 4:20:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Isn't Winchester the gun maker and Winchester ammo (ie Olin in East Alton IL) two different companies. I could swear the gunmaker was in CT or MA.
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 4:50:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Winchester is owned by FN Herstal. Look it up. WWW.FNMFG.com.  There may still be a Winchester ammo owned in the USA.
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 6:37:52 PM EDT
[#7]
The corporation that makes Winchester ammo is owned by Olin, a U.S. chemical company.  Olin owns the Winchester trademark.

The company that makes Winchester guns is owned by a French company (GIAT?) last I heard.  They pay a royalty to Olin.  All Winchesters are U.S. made, I think in New Haven, except for a few limited editions made in Japan.  Browning is owned by the same people, and makes most of their rifles in Utah.

Olin sold the gun business twenty or thirty years ago.  IMHO they make a great rifle.
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 7:24:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Ammo=Olin; East Alton, IL
Firearms= United States Repeating Arms Co.; New Haven, CT

hope that is enlightening to some
Jake
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 7:28:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Just who did you try and contact? Were you trying to contact Winchester Ammunition or Winchester Firearms (United States Repeating Arms)? The web site for Winchester Ammunition is http://www.winchester.com and the web site for United States Repeating Arms is http://www.usracmfg.com/ .

As for customer service from United States Repeating Arms (Winchester) I have had no problems. They return my e-mails promptly. I have ordered parts from them and if I find the parts not up to my liking they replace them promptly. When I requested information they either had an answer or directed me to someone that could help me. When I sent them my Winchester 94 because of feeding problems they sent me a new Winchester 94 as a replacement.

I have had unsatisfactory customer service from Colt at times. That does not mean that I will pout and not play with them anymore.

Have a happy day! [:)]

Yanqui

Hey!! Where did the weapons forum go? I need to converse with some fellow levergunners.
Link Posted: 2/27/2001 11:08:22 AM EDT
[#10]
 On their website, I filled
out the contact us page and no one called me back, nor did they email me.
Link Posted: 2/27/2001 11:23:28 AM EDT
[#11]
How did you like the Hornady recorded menu?

I called just before Christmas and thought "Oh no, not one of these damned things." It was so funny I almost pee'd my pants and forgot what I was calling about!!! I almost called back just to here it again. [:)]
Link Posted: 2/27/2001 2:02:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks guys, I was pretty sure they weren't the same company. I grew up just down the road from Olin in East Alton, and I didn't remember them making guns, several people who worked there went to my church.

BTW, I can't stand most Winchester products. I steer clear of their brass and primers. I don't shoot any of their ammo except WINCLEAN (and an occasional box of their white box .223), and now I've heard there is problems with that. I think WIN 231 is the dirtiest powder I've ever shot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top