Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/24/2001 12:34:22 PM EDT
South Carolina just legalized Class III !!!!!!!!!!!!

Class III Bill Signed By Governor
By Rick XXXXXX

On Friday, September 21, the governor signed the Class III firearms bill we first told you about early this year.  On Thursday, in response to a personal phone call from Governor Hodges, the NRA and GOSC reaffirmed their support for this measure.   Hodges indicated that he was ready to make a decision and that our advise would carry the day.  True to his word, Hodges signed the bill within 24 hours of the phone call.
As I’ve mentioned several times before, this was not an NRA or GOSC proposal.  We did support it, but really only one man deserves the credit.  Representative Charlie Sharpe has almost single-handedly pushed the Class III idea for the last several years in the Legislature.  He did this on behalf of his local constituents and individual gun owners across the state.  Representative Sharpe is a true friend of gun owners.  He deserves our support both now and in the future.
Finally, I’d like to mention the many individual gun owners who helped convince the legislature and the governor to make this new law a reality.  I can’t possibly list them all, but I do know of two affiliated with GOSC (Bill Powell and R.T. Moore) who made a tremendous contribution.
Bill Powell, a GOSC board member from Florence, has pushed the Class III idea for many years.  He has always kept me informed of his efforts and of the current laws progress.  Bill relentlessly encouraged senators, representatives, and the governor to support the new law.  
Past-president and current board member R.T. Moore has maintained contact with the governor on this matter and has personally solicited his support.  If you don’t know R.T., trust me, he can be very convincing.  Such persistence and dedication, coming from our broad based pro-gun network, certainly makes a difference.  
Thanks to Bill, R.T., and the many others who helped make Class III a reality in South Carolina.
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 12:36:42 PM EDT
[#1]
That's awesome.  Congrats.  Whatcha gonna get first?
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 12:38:12 PM EDT
[#2]
SBR, baby!!!!!!!!!!

Then, who knows???? Pistol lower, maybe.

I gotta figger out WHAT are all the new toys I can get!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 9/24/2001 12:38:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Congratulations!  Now you get to send money to the ATF and have your background checked with a magnifying glass.

Full Auto = Ability to turn money into noise at a very high rate.

As you can tell....... I'm so jealous.....

HoldHard
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 12:38:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Be sure to send charlie sharp some money for re-election next time around.
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 12:39:39 PM EDT
[#5]
OH YES !!!!!  Gotta love it.
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 12:41:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Congratulations.

And what a friend Rep. Sharpe is. Remember him every election.
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 12:48:21 PM EDT
[#7]
G-man, How about a link or something. Press release anything. I don't doubt you, but need to confirm so as to convince the wife why we need a class-III
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 12:51:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Gun-fan

Its kinda been a beneath the radar" deal for about 3 or 4 months now. That's why I didn't even bring it up here til now.

GOSC just e-mailed me the notification.

That's all I've got.

I'm looking for details, and as soon as I have them, so will you.

Link Posted: 9/24/2001 12:53:46 PM EDT
[#9]
I just checked GOSC's web site to no avail. The names you mentioned are people I know. Even the XXXX'd out last name of the author. I think this is just great!!!
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 12:55:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Check out

[url]www.geocities.com/e_patriots/[/url]

It has a LITTLE more info. Historical mostly.

Link Posted: 9/24/2001 1:45:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Great, now all the Class III prices are going to go up even more.
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 2:10:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Look into a suppressor, it's my personal want above all other things in the NFA world.   I value the ability to suppress the muzzle blast of my firearm more than the ability to blast rounds out of my barrel on full auto.   Plus a suppressor can be purchased relatively cheaply, full auto is just expensive as hell whether it's a DIAS, LL, or registered receiver and then there's the cost of ammo.    I'd much prefer to just get a preban AR15 and a decent suppressor and have a nasty quiet little rifle, that and I really want a 300Whisper AR15 with a really effective suppressor.
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 2:21:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Great! Now if I want to move back I can YEAH!!

Hilton Head Isl. native
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 2:31:01 PM EDT
[#14]
what does this mean for the average gun owner. and how does it compare to what other states allow?

Link Posted: 9/24/2001 2:47:30 PM EDT
[#15]
That's good news.  I guess it's time to get a second job!  This could get expensive.

I hope that SLED has nothing to do w/ getting permission to own the weapon.  They, like most of the local Sheriffs, haven't gotten used to the idea of legal concealed carry.  I was threatened by an officer when I asked for a CWP application.  I wonder what they'll do when I try to get permission to own an SBR.z
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 6:03:35 PM EDT
[#16]
That kicks ass! It's some of the best firearms news I've heard in a long time. Congrats to all the South Carolinians!
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 6:08:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Well, I guess I can't go around saying South Carolina sucks anymore. [:D]
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 6:10:28 PM EDT
[#18]
[beer]CONGRATS!!!!
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 6:11:40 PM EDT
[#19]
That's some good news!
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 6:13:28 PM EDT
[#20]
What's the catch?  State licensing and registration?  Or was it a clean bill?

Now if we can only get the 86 ban repealed, the '68 GCA, and let's not forget the 1934 NFA.

Still, progress is progress.
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 6:14:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Hey Garandman,
When you get an M16 can I come shoot it? [heavy]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top