Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2001 7:30:52 AM EDT
For now anyway.  I'm glad that for the first time in awhile, the pentagon isn't giving everything away to the media.  I'll always remember seeing those bright lights and cameras in the faces of the SEALS that landed in Somalia.  That pissed me off to no end.

This one is going to be hard enough without broadcasting our plans on CNN...
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 8:01:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Here...Here!  I am also glad that the media left Afghanistan for fear of their lives.  That will definately cut down on their knowledge of troop movements.  That would have probably been the Taliban's best source of intel.  Then again the media can be nicely manipulated like we did in Desert Shield/Storm.  I love it when the Military plays mind games on them.

Kiwi
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 8:41:40 AM EDT
[#2]
During Desert Storm, those twits didn't know the difference between their @$$ and a hole in the ground.  They are only fair-weather journalists, just another job.  But my feeling how can you summarize what is going on in 5-minutes if you don't have a complete understanding yourself.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top