Last week, and this week I noticed a MASSIVE reduction in class size in two of my classes:
My physics class at the U of MN, 1/5 of the students in my Lab section were called to duty recently, and also 4 guys from my History of Advanced Weapons Systems class also [i]disappeared[/i] without telling the class why!
Then this morning I received an email from 3 of these recently acquired friends of mine that they were called to duty and wanted me to inform the professor of their absence. They didn't have much time to say goodbye to loved ones, let alone have time to withdraw their course registrations. One asked me to drop classes for him, so that way he will only be stuck with paying 25% of the tuition, and get the other 75% back.
My prayers go out to these guys who are rushing to save this world from Terrorism.