Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/23/2001 11:57:17 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 12:07:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Woo hoo! It sho is fun isn't it?

Since they are always forcing me to be mr gunsmith, I had to do some stuff to their Glocks.

One fun thing is when you don't get both of the firing pin cups installed correctly, they shoot off never to be found again. I got yelled at real good when I had to report that the gun wouldn't be operational until the replacement parts came in.

Then there is the firing pin channel liner that I don't even want to and probably never will mess with since I don't do dip refinishing.
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 12:15:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 12:18:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 4:02:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have the Marine Spring Cups in all of my 9mm's.  Basically, they just molded grooves along the length, so instead of making a circle, they make a cross.  It gives four channels for water to pass through, allowing it to cycle.
-Troy
View Quote

Where can these be acquired??
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 5:39:48 AM EDT
[#5]
That's the ONLY thing I dislike about my HK USP Compact 45... I cant strip the slide down like you can the Glock.  Everything is held in by Roll Pins.

M.
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 5:55:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 6:02:19 AM EDT
[#7]
If you are feeling lazy next time try this.

(1) Detail Strip
(2) Hose everthing down with Gunscrubber. (assuming is doesn't eat your plastic)
(3) Wait 5 mins for it to evaporate.
(4) Hose down again with Aerosol can of CLP.
(5) Wipe down.
(6) Reassemble

Total time, 15 mins...
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 6:47:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Where can these be acquired??
View Quote

[url]http://www.glockmeister.com/basement.html[/url]

Please take all necessary precautions before attempting to fire your Glock underwater!

On a side note...you always want to have at least one spare set of spring cups and one spare recoil rod/spring assembly on hand.  Folks here have already found how far the spring cups can go when trying to reassemble the firing pin.  They have a tendancy to hide as soon as they hit the floor too!  And I usually change out my recoil rod/spring every 1000 rounds or so (about 4-5 months).  $10 insurance to make sure that it is up and running when needed!
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 6:54:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 7:05:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
That's the ONLY thing I dislike about my HK USP Compact 45... I cant strip the slide down like you can the Glock.  Everything is held in by Roll Pins.
M.
View Quote

What do the roll pins have to do with anything?  I've completely stripped my USP.45 several times without one problem.
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 8:09:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Hey, what's that spring left laying on your desk? [:)]
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 5:21:06 AM EDT
[#12]
All I can do is remove the barrel and spring/guide rod from the slide.  It looks like the firing pin and extractor are held in by the roll pins and to clean them you have to remove the roll pins... is this not so?

M.
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 7:54:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 7:23:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
All I can do is remove the barrel and spring/guide rod from the slide.  It looks like the firing pin and extractor are held in by the roll pins and to clean them you have to remove the roll pins... is this not so?

M.
View Quote

Not so.  You need to remove the plastic cover that is on the back of the slide.  Follow the link above for information.  Specifically for the cover plate go here: http://www.topglock.com/info/coverplate.htm .
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 7:30:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
DVD, is that lead I see in your barrel? tsk, tsk, you know the rules, no nasty reloads. [;)]
View Quote

Whoops! 2k lead round nose rounds after purchasing it, my G30 is still intact (and clean) [:P]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top