Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/23/2001 7:58:00 PM EDT
If I wanted a SBR, what is the procedure? Do all states allow SBRs or is it like with Class III weapons? I have read something about a FORM 1. Would it be worth my while to pursue this? I would love to put a folder on my SP89.
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 8:07:10 PM EDT
It's relatively simple. You're in Michigan; it's all good unless you're in an antigun county. 1. Get sheriff or other Chief Law Enforcement Officer (CLEO) to sign off on form 1. 2. Send in to ATF for approval with $200.00 check. 3. Get approval through mail after 2-5 months. 4. Buy folder and attach it. That's it!
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 8:11:38 PM EDT
$200 bucks! ouch! Damn I knew I should have sent a political donation to the sheriff.
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 8:16:39 PM EDT
Move to Canada and use that 200$ us to buy our economy.
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 8:17:21 PM EDT
It's $200 for federal tax to ATF. Sheriff is out of it.
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 8:25:00 PM EDT
How do I ask the CLEO, without looking like a terrorist?
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 5:05:50 AM EDT
Not so fast. I don't think you can legally install a folder on an SP89. Just because you want to make it an SBR you can't ignore the import restrictions imposed in 1989. Go to HKPRO.COM and search as this was discussed several times.
Top Top