Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/23/2001 5:01:59 PM EDT
A good article to those who would restrict liberty, especially on airplanes.

Yes it is from LewRockwell.com, but I think people will agree will (most of) this article.

This isn't a interventionist vs. non-interventionist article either.

[url]http://www.lewrockwell.com/murphy/murphy47.html[/url]
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 5:27:50 PM EDT
[#1]
good read, but it's something i think most of us already subscribe to.  it's the rest of the population that needs to be hearing/reading this.

for what it's worth.  i don't even think the government should be bailing the airlines out.  however, seeing that the government's behavior in regulating the airline industry is directly or indirectly responsible for what happened, i suppose that bailing them out is sort of a way to say "we're sorry."  
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 11:19:26 PM EDT
[#2]
No one from the govt ever offered to bail out the place I worked at. I am sick of this crap. First it was the power companies, now the airlines. They both dug their own graves by instituting bad business practices so I say let them fail. NO GOVT BAILOUTS!
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 11:28:11 PM EDT
[#3]
And don't forget the savings and loan bailout. That cost us a fortune. When I invest in junk bonds and foreign emerging markets like Mexico and Brazil and lose my ass, no one is there to bail me out. But we saved their ass, after which most of them went bankrupt anyway because they were using an outdated investment model (from the consumer's point of view, that is).

So, Regan deregulates the airlines, which did result in lower fares to the consumer, but at the expense of maintenance and security, and now we have to bail them out due to their lax security programs.

We got low fares for a number of years, but in the end we got screwed as always.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top